Picotin or All Leather GP???

I have two GPs and they are great everyday, under the radar bags. You can fit a whole heap of stuff inside, although I do use a bag organiser as I tend to lose things otherwise. Recently, I just got an MM Pico, but I haven't used it yet. I wanted something with a different shape to most bags which is why I decided to get it. The only reason I haven't used it is that the weather has been dreadful here. Looking forward to Spring when I hope to get much use from it.

I love the Picotin tremendously~!! It is super lightweight and fits alot especially when I go out, on top of my own belongings, I need to keep my DH's stuffs too and the Picotin PM had it all~!!

I bought a Picotin once (MM size) but resold it immediately. I personally felt goofy carrying it. I'm in my 40s and perhaps it works better on younger women. Seemed like a little lunch pail/sand bucket to me and that wasn't really a look I was going for, lol! :P It didn't hold much and I wasn't crazy about how it collapsed into a puddle when set down. I like my bags a bit more structured. Of course I've seen pics of women carrying Picotins looking very chic, like MaiTai, for instance, although she looks good carrying anything. It just isn't a bag for me.[/QUOTE]

So funny. I just purchased a MM Picotin because I thought they looked so cute, but it looked rediculous on me. Could be because I am in my early 50s. It is going right back. It is still adorable though. I do have a GP in gold that I love, love, love. Much more age appropriate I think.

GP's shape and size is easier to find in other designer brands, but Picotin is unique, cute and a mood lifter bag especially if you get it in fun pop of color.

Among all my H bags, Picotin MM is my go to bag!

I recommend a bag insert inside your Picotin to keep your belongings organised. I like Tintamar bag organiser, a UK brand

The GP would be my choice. I can't deal with the picotin because 1) it's unlined, 2) too unstructured, 3) no closure whatsoever, 4) too square-y to be comfortable carrying close to the body, sorry Pico really don't do anything for me. Good luck with your Paris trip, rains!