Picked up the new style Vernis Key / Coin Pouch ... and am disappointed.

Wow, I must say those are really beautiful colors and they have both caught my attention, that's for sure!! I may just have to consider a new handbag purchase in the future! Congrats on your find!!

As for the name plate issue, I think this has less to do with quality and more to do with the new designer, Nicolas Ghesquiere. In my opinion, it almost feels like he is trying to hard to change all of Marc Jacobs' old designs and trying to "reinvent the wheel" as you've stated before. It seems like he is doing it with a lot of traditional designs -- the Speedy, the Neverfull, the Delightful -- just to name a few, so this is no surprise to me at all that he would change yet another traditional design, like the vernis cles. I get the sense that he is slowly doing this to a majority of Marc Jacobs' bags/ LV classic items in order to make his mark on the company as a whole and I just think it's way too much in certain cases, especially with classic items like these which never needed to be redesigned at all. I do like his soft leather bags, but I do not necessarily appreciate his need to change everything in the company, especially items that should have been left alone to begin with. This is just my opinion and in no way does it reflect how I feel about other new designs at LV. I just prefer preloved for this reason.

I do agree that I am disappointed about the flakes/ shimmer. My Pochette looks pretty bland and matte compared to the older model ones, but I still like the Rose Indien color. I do honestly feel that THIS was a cost cutting procedure, that and the standardized black glazing instead of glazing that matches the bags. But I must say that (judging from your pictures) it looks like they are adding more flakes/ shimmer to the vernis items than before, so maybe they are listening to complaints and stepping up their quality with it (fingers crossed). So happy they may start slowly reintroducing more shimmer into the bags, just like the older models; however, we will have to just wait and see

It's ok. We can all see the embossed Lv and the plate just repeats the brand name haha we know the brand the plate don't matter to me either. It's simpler. But preference is each to their own once again!