Pic of new Cabas Mezzo

That looks REALLY thin...hopefully it's not like that in real life. I bought a pre-loved Mezzo last month and the canvas and leather are sooo thick. And the lining is really heavy duty. And OMG, (I'm being sarcastic and ironic here...:biggrin:) it's real brass!!!! Surprise surprise how hard is that? haha
I was even considering having the bottom of mine replaced (it's not bad at all- just one waterspot) but not if they replace it with thin vachetta.

If the Totally MM is 1130, say 1200 with tax, I'm thinking they'll probably price this one at $1500 give or take 100:biggrin:

Yes, LVLoveaffair...everything about our bags is wonderful...we so lucky :biggrin: The lining, the thick canvas, thick vachetta...and the REAL brass!!! I mean, my Alto stands up on it's own when it's empty...I wonder if this new Mezzo will be floppy like a NF...

I think the blogger used a stock picture of the Mezzo that was available last time around. But it's a fact that the newer Mezzo was thinner and floppier than the original one.

Yes, LVLoveaffair...everything about our bags is wonderful...we so lucky :biggrin: The lining, the thick canvas, thick vachetta...and the REAL brass!!! I mean, my Alto stands up on it's own when it's empty...I wonder if this new Mezzo will be floppy like a NF...

How did you know I did that too when I got my Mezzo? I just had to place it on my bed and there it stood.....:giggles:

A fellow TPFer has put a pic of the new Cabas Mezzo on his blog. http://louisvuittonlover.blogspot.com/ It's the second listed story.

UGH!!! Look at that THIN piece of vachetta on the bottom - those who have the old Alto and Mezzo pieces know what I'm talking about... thank goodness I have the old Alto...

he says that the pic is taken from the old Eluxury site...so we still don't know if anything is different.
although my SA said all was the same

i think it's hard to tell from that stock photo....plus the light background and lighting canblow it out...

i have to agree with previous posters here though about the quality. I too bought a pre-loved one right after I saw that angie ad. I have owned LV before, but it's been several years since I've had one...

im surprised they dont use brass for the HW anymore! can anyone elaborate on that? is it plated or hollow or what? MJ did the same with the stam. the first season have excellent HW and now they hollow out the chain and use a gold plate that wears off...

anyways, gotta say my mezzo is an absolute workhorse. i adore the bag and adore the quality

Does anyone know if the Cabas Mezzo from 2000 has grooves on the squares by the handles? Mine is from 10/2000 and it has line or grooves at the corners of the handle hardware. I also noticed that the canvas is significantly thicker than the canvas on my saumer 30 from 2003. The CM canvas is thick and sort of dull. HELP