Phone Call by caitlin1214

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Emily was in bed, watching Bridget Jones’s Diary. Bridget had just gone into her room to change into something more comfortable. Mark waits for her in the living room. While waiting he spots her diary and glances at it. His eye lands on a page talking about him ending with I HATE Him. “Right,” he says and leaves. Bridget walks out of her room and sees that he’s gone. She goes to run after him when she realizes it’s way too cold to run outside barefoot. She runs back in, puts on a pair of sneakers and runs out again. (Never mind the fact she’s only wearing a black camisole and a pair of leopard print panties).

Brrring!

Bloody hell! She thought. Who could be calling at this hour? She paused the DVD and picked up the receiver.

“Baby!” drunkenly shouted the voice on the other end. “I wanna tell you something!”

She sighed and shook her head. It was Liam, her boyfriend. He went out to a pub with his rugby buddies earlier that night.

“In my life, there’s been heartache and pain,” he sang into the phone, “I don’t know if I can face it again. Can’t stop now, I’ve traveled so far to change this lonely life . . .”

Normally, he never sings in public. But just give him a little liquid courage . . . .

“I wanna know what love is,” he crooned, “I want you to show me! I wanna feel what love is! I know you can show me!”

She smiled to herself. Other girls get drunk dialed. She gets drunk serenaded. After partying with his buddies, he has surprisingly perfect pitch. The last time he called it was the chorus of Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now by Air Supply.

“In my life, there’s been heartache and pain,” he sang, “I don’t know if I can face it again. Can’t stop now, I’ve traveled so far to change this lonely life . . .”

Taking a breath, she did what she always does when this happens:

“I wanna know what love is,” she sang back, “I want you to show me! I wanna feel what love is! I know you can show me!”

“I wanna know what love is,” they sang together, “I want you to show me! I wanna feel what love is! I know you can show me!”

“Good night, Liam!” she said. “Take a cab home and sleep it off, yeah?”

“G’night, Em’ly!”

She hangs up.

Smiling to herself, she leans back onto her pillows and presses play on the DVD remote to start the film again.