Review Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel

Loquita

May 16, 2008
Product: Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel

Review: I normally wouldn't review a product that I have only used once, but this one is an exception. I am in my thirties, with combination skin and lots of issues with hyperpigmentation caused my localized acne, scratches, looking at myself too hard in the mirror -- you name it. (I am only sort of exaggerating here...my point is that whenever my skin is even slightly traumatized, a dark brown mark appears. And it stays). Lately I have been researching effective OTC treatments for hyperpigmentation that do not contain hydroquinone and that do not cost a small fortune.

I think that I may have found it. Philosophy's The Microdelivery Peel is an easy to use (the enclosed instructions are very clear), two-part peeling system designed to be applied twice weekly. I used it for the first time yesterday, and found it a far more pleasant experience than some of the other OTC peels that I have used in the past. The small amount used of each product (no more than 1 tsp.) means that the kit will last for many treatments. Each treatment lasts 2-4 minutes, and thankfully is not messy at all. And the results? Wonderful! My skin has never felt so smooth and clean, even after using my Clarisonic with a standard exfoliant. After just one use, you do in fact note a difference in the texture and brightness of your skin...I can only imagine how long-term, regular usage of this product will result.

I am pairing it with Philosophy's Help Me Retinol treatment ($45), and will update this review thread with my impressions after I have had the chance to use the products together for a bit longer.

Price: $65 (Compared to several visits to the dermatologist or a spa, this is seems reasonable, in my opinion)

Would I Purchase Again?: Absolutely, unless I found an amazing dupe...which doesn't seem likely.

Where To Buy: Sephora, Nordstrom, Von Maur, Ulta, Beauty.com

OP, I have this and I also have the micro-exfoliating wash. I find the peel is not super effective if you use purity made simple + the micro-exfoliating wash every day, which i use. I use the peel about twice a month, only because it all came in a kit. But after using purity made simple and the micro-exfoliating wash, i will not re-purchase the peel because i don't feel like it's worth it... i don't see the need to supplement the wash and exfoliator, just FYI for those of you considering buying it.

Loquita! I found a dupe for this! I completely swapped over because this kit cost 65 whereas the dupe is like 22ish. Its OLAY Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel Kit! Same exact concept! Its a two step peel with activator serum. Def check it out one day..although it will take a long time for u to finish up ur current bottles.

Hmmm Swtest, I might have to try that! I keep debating buying the Philosophy one (I had a sample of it too and really like it), but I would rather get something cheaper.

I also LOVE the Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash - I use it every morning and it keeps my skin VERY smooth!

I love this stuff too, I have incredibly sensitive/acne prone skin and this stuff doesn't irritate it at all. I wish I wasn't so against the company that makes Olay because I would love to buy a less expensive version.

I use the Olay kit and I love it. I'm in my 30's with b*tchy skin, seriously, if I look at it sideways in the mirror it will do something for revenge. :Push:

I love this product!! I ordered it off of QVC and got it on autodelivery. So I got a good price! It's supposed to come every 3 months but I have barely used up my first order and so have delayed subsquent deliveries. That is the good thing about QVC. You lock in the price and can adjust deliveries as needed. I just love this stuff! I have combo skin, somewhat sensitive, also acne prone ( even in my 40s)so I have to be careful about what I use. This micro peel just leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and clean! I swear it even reduces how large my pores look.

I have this on auto-delivery from QVC and still using it from time to time because I always want to try out new things but I always go back to this.

Just an update: I have used this product a total of three times now in conjunction with Philosophy's Help Me Nightly Retinol cream, and I definitely see a difference...some of my stubborn hyperpigmentation spots certainly look lighter and my skin tone is more even overall. I am very happy with this purchase!

^Good question! I am happy to list some of the items that I can remember (because frankly, there have been so many that I have forgotten some of them). ;)

Please just bear in mind that my goal in using these products has been to get rid of hyperpigmentation/uneven skin tone.

That said, I have also tried the Neutrogena Peel kit (don't know if that is still in stores), Dermalogica's Pure Night, Dermalogica Microfoliant, Dermalogica Day Bright, Dermalogica Night Bright, Tri-Luma (prescription medication), Bliss Spiff Upper Lip (for the pigmentation above my mouth), Sekkesei Mask White, Exuviance Skin Brightening Gel...and many other skin-lightening products from brands like Pevonia, Dr. Ci:Labo, Mario Badescu, Avene, and every off or high-end brand you can imagine. :smile:

I personally think that Asian lightening/brightening products are the best overall, with the exception of course being the Philosophy product that I review here.

I got this from a previous BB RAOK and today's the second time I've used it. I'll use it according to directions (with regards to frequency) this time around and adjust accordingly. I remember the first time I used it. What a difference it made my face feel!

I am interested in hearing what you have to say, kathyr!

Today I used this for the fourth time...I am trying to behave and only use it twice a week, though I'd like to use it more since the feeling is so addictive, lol. But please be aware of the directions and don't leave the second step on for more than 2-3 minutes as suggested...I don't have sensitive skin at all, and today I got distracted and left the second step on for nearly 10 minutes. Needless to say, it started to sting a bit.
Doh! :noggin: