Phantom owners: did this happen to your bag?? (pics inside)

caren

O.G.
Oct 22, 2007
Hello all! I need some help!! My Phantom started to slouch, did yours do this? My brother accidentally sat on my bag last year (I know, I almost killed him:rant:), but I didn't notice that the sides have bent like this until recently (I put it away after the Winter since to me, this is more of a Fall/Winter bag). I don't know if it's because he sat on it, or because the bag itself is so heavy that it started to slouch on his own. Or maybe a little bit of both?!

Anyway, please help!! I tried bending the sides, but it didn't really help. How do I get it back to it's original shape? Please please help!! It breaks my heart to see her like this:cry:

I read about inserts, is there an insert you guys recommend for this bag? How do you guys store your Phantoms?? TIA!!!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,593
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,567
I would just store it stuffed. I don't think your brother sitting on it for a few hours would have damaged it. I honestly don't htink it looks bad either. I like the broken-in look.

Actually my brother only sat on it for a couple of minutes, but I was pregnant and hormonal lol plus he's 190lbs!

So, this happens to Phantoms?? I tried doing a search on threads regarding this but I couldn't find anything!

I know they're not as structured because of the flaps, but the front and back piece should be structured?? :sad:

It just really bothers me for some reason! So I should just try storing it stuffed? And bend the leather with my hands?

Hmm...first off, like Unoma said, its not that bad :flowers: But I can understand that you have a personal aesthetic preference and this may bother you. So let's see...

You know when you carry the bag on your arm, shoulder or in the crook of your elbow, it kinda closes? Well that happening all the time may contribute to the bag developing that shape IMO. Additionally, when my bag is sitting somewhere and I want it 'closed', i just push the front into the back, so I assume if others do the same that the bag will begin to stay that way.

Like others suggest, please stuff your bag to the brim when storing to 'train' your bag to retain the shape you prefer. (I confess, I don't do this, but I know I should :shame:smile: Also keep in mind that the leather of your bag is meant to become less rigid with use. Most leathers undoubtedly soften over time and as you have had your bag for a year, it is understandable that it is beginning to slouch.

Good luck and I hope your baby (I assume you popped out your lovely baby by now) and yourself are well.

Kourtney Kardashian's phantom looks really structured:
http://www.celebuzz.com/kourtney-ka...ey-kardashian-gets-all-dolled-up-for-work-12/

Please help! Am I alone here??

'Her' bag (not sure if she and her sisters share bags) is new, and for all we know, will lie the same way yours does by the time usage, weather conditions and life gets to it :smile:

Also, I wonder if her leather is MCC supple calfskin leather and if its different from your suede :thinking: cotonblanc or another more knowledgeable Celine-r may be able to answer that.

Your bag looks fine, and yes almost all Phantoms, especially those with suede, will slouch over time. The only Phantom I own that hasn't become slouchy over time is my natural calf.

Your bag looks fine, and yes almost all Phantoms, especially those with suede, will slouch over time. The only Phantom I own that hasn't become slouchy over time is my natural calf.

Hey jenaywins, if you ever have the time, can you share a family pic of your phantoms so we can see how the leathers are faring?

Me thinks we need a Phantom club thread :thinking: