Peyton Leather Flap -colors?

May 27, 2006
Does anyone remember what colors the Peyton flap came in? The leather ones? I have the black one, bought it at Dillards, probably 2 years ago. Been carrying it again since last summer -it really is the perfect bag for me as I'm so into compartments. However, I'd love to find a different color. I've seen camel on ebay & the signature ones in magenta, but I want leather. If anyone remembers whether the flap came in any color other than black or camel, I'd love to know. If not, I'll probably just spring for a camel one. Red, maybe? *fingers crossed*

The Peyton Flap #14524 came in black, parchment, camel, melon (that's the closest you'll likely find to a red), and blue (very hard to find). I think there was also a light-colored embossed croc. There may have been other colors but these are the ones that I remember.

Since you like this size and style of handbag, I suggest also looking at the original Kristin shoulder flap #14225. It, too, has plenty of compartments including a zippered one. Its shoulder strap attaches differently than the Peyton's, making it easier to open and reach inside the Kristin flap while the bag is still on your shoulder. It does have more hardware and thicker leather than the Peyton, however, which makes it a bit heavier IMO. The Kristin flap didn't come in red, but there was a salmon-type color and a purple/plum color. Other colors were teal blue, emerald green, coral spectator (might have been a different style#), dark brown, and of course black. You can search for "coach 14225" on eBay to see pics.

Thank you so much for all the information! :smile: I saw a melon one on ebay but couldn't tell exactly what color 'melon' was -kwim? I thought it was kind of orangy but really just couldn't be sure & didn't want to be surprised. And wow -a croc embossed one.....:drool: But I'll definitely check out the Kristin one -that is the only gripe with the peyton is the way the shoulder strap attaches. I would much prefer it attach at the sides vs the top. And thanks for providing the number -that will definitely help move the search along!