Peter Nitz

Thanks so much, that’s what I thought. I’ve emailed Peter to ask about prices and bag weight (a consideration as I have a rare eye condition so carry eye drops in an insulated flask as they need to be kept cold and hence my daily essentials increased in volume and weight!) so I’ll await his reply.
His direction to me was also that the 30 “reads” equivalent to 35 B/K because of the flaps.

Reactions: midlands-lass
Thanks so much, that’s what I thought. I’ve emailed Peter to ask about prices and bag weight (a consideration as I have a rare eye condition so carry eye drops in an insulated flask as they need to be kept cold and hence my daily essentials increased in volume and weight!) so I’ll await his reply.
If you don’t get a response in the next day or two, I thought I’d tell you that Peter is away on holiday until 10 January and that could be the reason for the delay.:smile:

Reactions: etoupebirkin
If you don’t get a response in the next day or two, I thought I’d tell you that Peter is away on holiday until 10 January and that could be the reason for the delay.:smile:
When I sent the email, I expected a delay due to the holidays, but he replied yesterday- very dedicated

Reactions: Mousy
Now, I just need to decide if I can justify the expense as this will be the most expensive bag I own by quite a margin. I think I probably can. Indulge me in talking this through ‘out loud’ 😂.

I’ve always wanted a Birkin 30, or a Kelly Retourne 28/32 (black with palladium HW) but I have a minimal spend history and refuse to pay the inflated, Preloved market prices, or pay top dollar for a preloved bag with corner damage. Or play the game.

The Dream bag appeals as it’s much less faffy: no complicated closure. The minimal hardware means it will be lighter. The design will be virtually unknown, except for a few like-minded souls (an IYKYK situation). Less chance of being targeted by thieves/muggers as it’s not recognisable like a Birkin, so I won’t be scared to use it. I can pick bespoke colours. Given my love of a black bag and the fact that I live in a rainy climate, I would almost certainly go for black or a very dark grey (but probably black), but I fancy a contrasting pop of interior colour e.g. the beautiful bubblegum pink which features frequently on Peter’s Instagram. It comes with a proper shoulder strap, e.g. one that is wide and in proportion with the size of the bag as opposed to the silly narrow straps that most designer bags have. It has a decent inside pocket.

I’m not 100% sold on the size of the side gussets but from reading through this thread, reducing them isn’t an option and they do allow the bag to maintain structural integrity, which I really appreciate. I also like that the corners are in a sellier style with edge sealant, which will reduce corner wear. It’s a great combination of structured yet casual. I like that it’s easy to close the flap which is my preferred appearance.

I’d go for goatskin interior and either goatskin or bull calf on the exterior. Which ever is the most hard wearing and water resistant. I like them both. I don’t have much experience with H leathers for comparison.

Which just leaves size. I’m 180 cm tall, US size 8-10. A Birkin 25, would look too small on me, but this looks larger due to the side gussets. I am genuinely torn between the dream bag in a 25 or 30 if I go for it.
In terms of the totes and larger top handles I already own: a garden party 36 which holds everything bar the kitchen sink, a workhorse LV speedy 30 in monogram canvas, a medium loewe puzzle (about 30 cm long) which is v casual and probably my favourite bag.
The hole in my wardrobe that the dream bag would fill would be a forever bag that could go from a casual day out shopping to brunch/lunch or dinner in a smart/casual kind of establishment. I rarely do formal and I have appropriate bags for the rare times I do. As I’ve recently retired from my medical career (ill-health unfortunately. The bag is to mark the milestone and getting a reasonably decent pension at a relatively young age), moving forward, I will work from home on a very part-time basis, and I’m unlikely to ever dip my toe into the corporate world, so I don’t need a work bag that will fit a laptop or anything like that. A bag that is smart enough to take to a meeting should I ever need it would be an advantage however.
Having written it all down, it seems like the 25 cm would probably fit the bill more than the 30, assuming it would fit all my daily essentials. Would the 30 be too big to take out for dinner?? The bags look quite wide at the base so capacious. The bag occupying this proposed role in my life currently is a black Dior Diorever (now discontinued and I’d sell mine if I go ahead). This is 30cm long but the sides curve inwards and it narrows at the top so holds less than you think it will.
I’ve seen someone comment that the dream bag 30 would have a similar capacity to a Birkin 35, so I’m assuming the 25 will have a similar capacity to B30. I need to check the exact dimensions.

If anyone has any insights that could help me decide, I’ll be very grateful if you share them, otherwise, thank you for letting me ramble on a bit (ok a lot)!

Now, I just need to decide if I can justify the expense as this will be the most expensive bag I own by quite a margin. I think I probably can. Indulge me in talking this through ‘out loud’ 😂.

I’ve always wanted a Birkin 30, or a Kelly Retourne 28/32 (black with palladium HW) but I have a minimal spend history and refuse to pay the inflated, Preloved market prices, or pay top dollar for a preloved bag with corner damage. Or play the game.

The Dream bag appeals as it’s much less faffy: no complicated closure. The minimal hardware means it will be lighter. The design will be virtually unknown, except for a few like-minded souls (an IYKYK situation). Less chance of being targeted by thieves/muggers as it’s not recognisable like a Birkin, so I won’t be scared to use it. I can pick bespoke colours. Given my love of a black bag and the fact that I live in a rainy climate, I would almost certainly go for black or a very dark grey (but probably black), but I fancy a contrasting pop of interior colour e.g. the beautiful bubblegum pink which features frequently on Peter’s Instagram. It comes with a proper shoulder strap, e.g. one that is wide and in proportion with the size of the bag as opposed to the silly narrow straps that most designer bags have. It has a decent inside pocket.

I’m not 100% sold on the size of the side gussets but from reading through this thread, reducing them isn’t an option and they do allow the bag to maintain structural integrity, which I really appreciate. I also like that the corners are in a sellier style with edge sealant, which will reduce corner wear. It’s a great combination of structured yet casual. I like that it’s easy to close the flap which is my preferred appearance.

I’d go for goatskin interior and either goatskin or bull calf on the exterior. Which ever is the most hard wearing and water resistant. I like them both. I don’t have much experience with H leathers for comparison.

Which just leaves size. I’m 180 cm tall, US size 8-10. A Birkin 25, would look too small on me, but this looks larger due to the side gussets. I am genuinely torn between the dream bag in a 25 or 30 if I go for it.
In terms of the totes and larger top handles I already own: a garden party 36 which holds everything bar the kitchen sink, a workhorse LV speedy 30 in monogram canvas, a medium loewe puzzle (about 30 cm long) which is v casual and probably my favourite bag.
The hole in my wardrobe that the dream bag would fill would be a forever bag that could go from a casual day out shopping to brunch/lunch or dinner in a smart/casual kind of establishment. I rarely do formal and I have appropriate bags for the rare times I do. As I’ve recently retired from my medical career (ill-health unfortunately. The bag is to mark the milestone and getting a reasonably decent pension at a relatively young age), moving forward, I will work from home on a very part-time basis, and I’m unlikely to ever dip my toe into the corporate world, so I don’t need a work bag that will fit a laptop or anything like that. A bag that is smart enough to take to a meeting should I ever need it would be an advantage however.
Having written it all down, it seems like the 25 cm would probably fit the bill more than the 30, assuming it would fit all my daily essentials. Would the 30 be too big to take out for dinner?? The bags look quite wide at the base so capacious. The bag occupying this proposed role in my life currently is a black Dior Diorever (now discontinued and I’d sell mine if I go ahead). This is 30cm long but the sides curve inwards and it narrows at the top so holds less than you think it will.
I’ve seen someone comment that the dream bag 30 would have a similar capacity to a Birkin 35, so I’m assuming the 25 will have a similar capacity to B30. I need to check the exact dimensions.

If anyone has any insights that could help me decide, I’ll be very grateful if you share them, otherwise, thank you for letting me ramble on a bit (ok a lot)!
:smile: Your post was interesting to read. Insightful. It reads like you’ve thought this all out.

Go with your heart. Your gut. Nitz bags are lovely and perhaps you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you see your Dream bag — you’ll love the whole design.

I looked at the Dream bag as an alternative to a Birkin or Kelly. I like it in the photos I’ve seen of people wearing it. Though I think it’s probably amazing, I decided not to buy one because it is very expensive (for me) and I know myself — I would love the bag, but would focus on the gussets because that’s what distinguishes it from a B and K. After wanting a Nitz bag for years, I’ve decided on a different style.

To scratch my B/K itch, I’m looking at less expensive Atelier Renard bags. They’re not a B or K, but I get the vibe. See photos below. As you can tell, I like the Retourne look, too, and I’d have one made in black or dark grey.:girlsigh:
The grey nubuck bag belongs to @ParisBound.

IMG_1411.jpegIMG_2570.jpegIMG_2571.jpegIMG_1401.jpegIMG_2569.jpegIMG_1414.jpeg
IMG_1403.jpeg

Here is my Nitz choice — The Newey30

IMG_1286.jpegIMG_1285.jpegIMG_1284.jpeg

Wishing you the best! Please let us know what you decide.

:smile: Your post was interesting to read. Insightful. It reads like you’ve thought this all out.

Go with your heart. Your gut. Nitz bags are lovely and perhaps you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you see your Dream bag — you’ll love the whole design.

I looked at the Dream bag as an alternative to a Birkin or Kelly. I like it in the photos I’ve seen of people wearing it. Though I think it’s probably amazing, I decided not to buy one because it is very expensive (for me) and I know myself — I would love the bag, but would focus on the gussets because that’s what distinguishes it from a B and K. After wanting a Nitz bag for years, I’ve decided on a different style.

To scratch my B/K itch, I’m looking at less expensive Atelier Renard bags. They’re not a B or K, but I get the vibe. See photos below. As you can tell, I like the Retourne look, too, and I’d have one made in black or dark grey.:girlsigh:
The grey nubuck bag belongs to @ParisBound.

View attachment 5922077View attachment 5922078View attachment 5922079View attachment 5922080View attachment 5922081View attachment 5922083
View attachment 5922082

Here is my Nitz choice — The Newey30

View attachment 5922084View attachment 5922085View attachment 5922086

Wishing you the best! Please let us know what you decide.
Thank you for the recommendations. They are lovely so I’ll go take a look.

I like the newey as well. To be fair, I like all of his bags and wish I were more wealthy 🙈

I need to think a little longer. As you say, this is an expensive decision, so not to be rushed.

Reactions: Mousy
Has anyone found a bag liner that works with the dream bag?

I’m almost tempted to try and make a thin felt one myself but that’s the more faffy option
I just use my regular insert (small H Fourbi), but Etsy is a good option for custom inserts (I used Jenny Krafts for a large tote a while back and was very happy with the result).

I just use my regular insert (small H Fourbi), but Etsy is a good option for custom inserts (I used Jenny Krafts for a large tote a while back and was very happy with the result).
Thanks. I have been debating whether I buy a Birkin 25 liner, but they’ll be extra space at the side due to the wings.

Having just watched a tutorial on YouTube and owning a few felt liners, I genuinely think I could custom make something myself as I can sew. I’ll have to wait for the bag though to assess the size of the wings.

Thanks. I have been debating whether I buy a Birkin 25 liner, but they’ll be extra space at the side due to the wings.

Having just watched a tutorial on YouTube and owning a few felt liners, I genuinely think I could custom make something myself as I can sew. I’ll have to wait for the bag though to assess the size of the wings.
That's great that you have the talent for that. And please share when you get the bag!