Pet Peeve

BerryWriter

Jan 20, 2010
I'm sorry, honestly, but I have to vent just a tad. I make my living as a professional writer and I have a degree in journalism. I also grew up with a mother who was a real grammar cop and would reprimand at me for things like saying ain't! LOL! As a result, poor grammar and spelling drive me mad. I never call people out or correct people or anything rude like that but when I see people who can't even write the plural form of things (for example purse's instead of purses) it does irritate me-and don't get me started on people who post/email in text speak. LOL! Sometimes I worry about the state of education these days.

Anyone else have to keep their inner grammar cop muzzled? :smile:

I'm sorry, honestly, but I have to vent just a tad. I make my living as a professional writer and I have a degree in journalism. I also grew up with a mother who was a real grammar cop and would reprimand at me for things like saying ain't! LOL! As a result, poor grammar and spelling drive me mad. I never call people out or correct people or anything rude like that but when I see people who can't even write the plural form of things (for example purse's instead of purses) it does irritate me-and don't get me started on people who post/email in text speak. LOL! Sometimes I worry about the state of education these days.

Anyone else have to keep their inner grammar cop muzzled? :smile:
Yes, all of the time. One pet peeve is when people use the wrong to/too:
EX: I have a red shirt to! Instead of.... I have a red shirt too!
Ex: I will be their at 5:00.Instead of... I will be there at 5:00.

You know, I need to leave for awhile. Everything I've posted today has either has gotten a negative response by a member or been ignored, and now I'm being threatened with getting kicked off. I think that's a sign I need to leave for awhile. Have a great evening!