Persistence paid off! An unexpected reveal

I shipwrecked on the way to Ban Island. Just wanted to share my excitement! I know it's a long story but here goes...

For 2 months, I've been calling client services multiple times a week trying to get a certain bag in the bb or mm size. Every time, the response was, "They are completely sold out in the US and we will not be getting any more". I was just hoping that one day I would call and one of the bags would pop up, for example, in the event of a customer return. No luck.

So last Tuesday, as usual, I made the call. Same response. However, the SA I spoke with, after I mentioned how long I had been wanting the bag, suggested a product request even though the bag was completely sold out. I agreed it was a long shot but what the heck. So I made a product request for both the BB and MM sizes just in case one of the two finally became available.

TWO DAYS LATER, I got a call from Client Services. My product request was being fulfilled, shipped out the following day! Picked my box up from UPS today. Guess what I got?

BEAUTIFUL 😍😍😍 can you tell me how the "product request" works?