Peppermint park in O magazine

PS TO Butterfly2000... I have also gotten double membership fees!!! I've asked PP to fix that and they STILL haven't fixed it.

I wonder if i should take a trip to my local Gucci store to authenticate this bag? ?? Where can i post pics? thank u guys! I'm sorry u all had such a horrible experience with PP.

I reached out to Peppermint Park customer service and they stand behind their authenticity...PLUS OPRAH endorses it!!! Would she endorse a website that sells fakes???

Well it's not really Oprah who endorses the site ... it was the editors and writers of the magazine who were responsible for that. I highly doubt she approves every word that's printed every month. To me it sounds like her staff didn't do their due diligence before promoting the site.

I wonder if i should take a trip to my local Gucci store to authenticate this bag? ?? Where can i post pics? thank u guys! I'm sorry u all had such a horrible experience with PP.

Usually stores don't authenticate. You can post pics and get the bag authenticated in this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci/authenticate-gucci-read-rules-use-format-posts-1-a-689655.html

My Gucci sukey purse from PEPPERMINT PARK is a FAKE! DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!

Although I didn't get my purse authenticated, I visited my local Gucci store and examined my fake purse alongside the real one. Unofficially, the nice Gucci salesman looked at my fake and pointed out that the stitching was sub-par, inner lining was bad quality. Don't get me wrong, the fake purse is a well-made purse... JUST NOT AN AUTHENTIC GUCCI PURSE! And certainly NOT worth $450. *** BUYER BEWARE!!! ***

Document! Document! Document! <<for returns and refunds>>
1. take pictures (to document that you've receive the merchandise in good condition; last thing you want is PP saying that the product was returned damaged)
2. send merchandise back to PP WITH signature confirmation, track your package closely (I've read elsewhere that PP claims they didn't receive some packages, when in fact, they did)
3. upon PP's receipt, try and contact them via email, phone, voicemails (because they never answer/call back)... document everything!
4. contact your credit card company and file a complaint!

After all these efforts, tracking my package, making phone calls, sending emails, monitoring my credit card activity, PP finally returned my money... Unfortunately, as credit to my PP account!

More complaints, emails, voicemails were sent! And finally, after what seemed to take forever, my credit card was refunded the money! OH MY GOODNESS! What a waste of time this company has caused me.

BUYER BEWARE! BUYER BEWARE! BUYER BEWARE! BUYER BEWARE! BUYER BEWARE!

Customers say Peppermint Park strikes sour note
Saint Paul, MN – December 16, 2011 – After a series of complaints filed in the last year against Peppermint Park, LLC – a Minneapolis-based Internet shopping business – questioning the authenticity of designer products sold by the company, the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota (BBB) launched a review of their advertising claims and complaint history. After the review, the BBB’s Board of Directors met with the owners of Peppermint Park, and allowed the company a chance to fully address and provide a plan to correct the issues noted in the BBB’s review. Peppermint Park supplied additional information in support of their advertising claims, but the BBB deemed it inadequate.
Peppermint Park is a membership based organization that offers discount designer women’s clothing and accessories, and has advertised and had products featured in Oprah’s Winfrey’s magazine O, as well as in a variety of other women’s magazinesand on The Today Show. Since the start of this year, the BBB has processed 39 consumer complaints against the company. In addition to concerns about the company’s products, many consumers allege their membership and return policies are misleading and allege that they have difficulty terminating their memberships.
Based on a number of consumer complaints disputing the authenticity of the company’s merchandise – which they advertise as “100% authentic, first-hand merchandise” – the BBB conducted a “secret shopping” of Peppermint Park this August in an effort to verify the authenticity of their products, as well as examine its membership cancellation policy. A $310 handbag presented as authentic Gucci valued at over $900 was purchased via the company’s website. After making the purchase, the BBB contacted the company and requested a receipt or receipts that would substantiate the bags were purchased either from the manufacturer or from authorized outlets or distributors of Gucci products. Because Peppermint Park also states on their website that it obtains “written documentation of authenticity for all merchandise” from its suppliers, it was the BBB’s assumption that such documentation would be readily available.
Although Peppermint Park did provide receipts, the BBB feels they failed to show conclusively the handbags were purchased in Florence, Italy, as the company contends, or from any other Gucci outlet. Suspicions were further raised when the BBB discovered that Peppermint Park tendered the same receipt as proof of the authenticity of two other Gucci purses that two separate consumers filed complaints about this past summer. Some of the receipts the company provided bore no indication of the products’ source whatsoever.
As a result of the company’s failure to respond adequately to the ad challenge of “100% authenticity” of its designer handbags, and by virtue of the volume of complaints in relation to the company’s size, the company’s grade has been lowered to an F, making them ineligible for accreditation. In the course of the BBB investigation, the company resigned their accreditation.
“When enough consumers make the same allegation, particularly in a short timeframe, we take those concerns very seriously,” said Dana Badgerow, BBB President and CEO. “In this case, we gave the company ample opportunity to validate the authenticity of the item we purchased. We feel they failed to do this.”
The BBB cautions consumers purchasing handbags and other designer accessories online or from sources other than well-established retail stores, to be wary of the source of those products. If the price of the item is an extraordinary discount from retail, this is another indication of “buyer beware.” Consumers should demand proof of authenticity before purchasing any merchandise represented as a designer original.

Minneapolis Star Tribune article, Sunday January 8, 2012, "whistleblower" reporter:

An online seller of designer merchandise in Brooklyn Park received an F rating by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) last month after receiving 40 complaints in 12 months that disputed the authenticity of merchandise, among other concerns.

The BBB purchased a Gucci handbag from Peppermint Park and challenged the firm to validate its advertising claim that all of its products are "100 percent authentic." The BBB said receipts provided by the business failed to prove authenticity.

The BBB noticed irregularities including an instance in which a BBB complainant received a product before the date Peppermint Park allegedly purchased it from the supplier.

"We're so far from the guys that would sell fake merchandise and then try to cover it up," Peppermint Park spokesperson Zachary Mandelstein said.

If a customer found a product was counterfeit, "we'd not only refund their money back but get them a $50 gift card or something," Mandelstein said. "We're not the ... experts at making sure these are authentic. What we are is a super honest group of people."

One complainant told the BBB that a third-party service deemed her Gucci bag a fake. When the person tried to get a cash refund, she was given store credit instead.

Dana Badgerow, president of the BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota, said a large number of similar complaints were lodged online against Peppermint Park. "The problem seems to be largely with the Prada and the Gucci bags," she said.

I too fell victim to Peppermint Park. This happened to me way back, when I first saw the advertisement in the O mag. I did research on the Peppermint Park before purchasing, and @ the time I couldn't find any negative reviews. I looked at their facebook page, and read good reviews. Anyhow I purchased the Prada guaffre bag for about $500. I got the bag and was immediately disappointed by the way it was packed, and it arrived with dirt marks on it. It was ok, I was able to clean it, and then I took pictures and posted it here in the authentic Prada forum. I was told it was not authentic, and immediately I demanded a refund from Peppermint Park. They didnt respond, until I did a claim through paypal. If it was not for me filing the claim, Peppermint Park would have kept my money. I still get emails from them, and googled them today. This is how I found this forum. Wish I was able to see a review like this back then. I would have stayed away from Peppermint Park!

Peppermint Park was just mentioned in the March 2012 issue of Lucky Magazine advertising their Cult Candy. I'm not sure if it is self advertising or if Lucky Magazine granted them a feature. I just hope that Lucky did not fail to check sources/complaints and made an informed, intelligent decision to put these people in their mag! (Esp. since Lucky targets fashion purchasers, specifically).

On another note, When I complained, the BBB ruled in favor of Peppermint Park, however, I am pleased the BBB finally took some action.

I just wanted to follow up on my last complaint with Peppermint Park. I ordered 3 bags from them - 2 Gucci's and 1 Prada. At first I couldn't really tell when the first 2 came that they weren't authentic. They looked great! Then when the third came it was just AWFUL! Made out of plastic. By that time I discovered this website (THANK GOD IT EXISTS!!!) and figured out the whole Peppermint Park is a scam. I CANNOT BELIEVE how many time it's been advertised on the news, Lucky mag, Oprah mag, etc. In any case, I filed a complaint with them and at first they gave me a hard time...but after I got Amex to go after them (which is how i paid for one of the bags), they gave me A FULL refund for all 3 bags even though i paid with different cards. So that's my success story. I hope you all can get your money back. I don't understand how/why they are still in business. GOOD LUCK!!! AND KEEP FIGHTING TIL YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!

I haven't seen any postings here....and a search didn't show anything. But does anyone have an opinion on the website peppermint park.com? Are there bags authentic? The website has a ton of info on their business etc....but the photos of the bags are....strange. The thing that makes no sense to me is that it was promoted in tthis months O magazine by her stylist Adam Glassman. Can someone check the site and tell me what they think?...seems to cheap....but why has Oprah endorsed it?
I ended up getting my money back...probably because AMEX is the best card to have.
The prada I bought was totally fake! But they did give me a hard time at first and were only going to issue a refund. Dumb company don't buy anything from them!

Wow...it's been long time since I checked in on this thread since I started it way back when.Good God...I hope people get their money back and I hope that this thread has helped saved countless others in purchasing. My kudos to all you ladies out there who fought diligently with the BBB, attorney generals office and your credit card companies. I hope this shows PP not to ****around with the ladies at Purse Forum!!!:bagslap:For those out there who got "authentic bags", for your sake I hope that's true. I can't help but think that maybe you got the 1 or 2 purses that were authentic and whose receipts were used to validate countless others.

Hi,
Peppermint Park ripped me off to the tune of 2400.00. The posted a fraudulent return policy stating they gave full refunds and then refused to return my money. They gave me a store credit,which I don't want--their merchandise sucks. They won't take my calls,they refuse to answer my letters. DO NOT SHOP THERE. I have filed a small claims suit against them even though I am in California. If any of you want to do the same, please contact me. I will send you links to legal forums that will show you how to proceed in suing them in small claims. My gucci bag was identified as a fake,and to make things worse,they arbitrarily cancelled my account and took all my store credit.
Hey Iongroove--call me. I have great info for you.

For any of you who purchased early in 2011,I have the original return policy which I can provide you that states they give "full refunds." This is a legal contract and it is binding. I also have other material you are free to use when you sue them. All you others who have been ripped-off by Peppermint Park, contact me and I will send you contacts to help you. I am working on stories for two media sources--the Los Angeles Times, and David Horowitz, a consumer advocate who has a readership of 9 million. They both have wide media readership. My story is in the works as a consumer warning and how to for anyone who has been cheated by an internet company. If you would like to contribute your story of how Peppermint Park defrauded you, feel free to contact me. Your input will be added to the story. They have an F rating from the BBB and ic3 is investigating them for commerce crimes. Fight Back!