People who sell a plethora of bags!

I have an ebay store. I let the gals on the ebay boards motivate me to list. I list in spurts. Hadn't listed since December and just started listing again. I don't kill myself. I have been buying bags for several years so I am not one of those people who loads up at the outlets and lists like crazy.

I only buy 1 or 2 of any bag at any one time. I am very selective in what I buy. Some stuff in my inventory has been there for a while.

I do not give out my seller ID and it is not allowed on this board anyway, esp in a public forum. Thanks for asking though!

Oh and about getting/being limited... I list 99.9% of my stuff in my store and only run auctions when I am clearing out old stuff.

There are some very reputable sellers who list many designer bags that are authentic.

There are also many sellers, some "powersellers" who list many counterfeit designer bags as some think they can purchase them "wholesale".

The best thing to do is to post the link to the auction you are interested in purchasing in the appropriate "Authenticate This" thread before bidding.

If you are aware of a seller selling counterfeits, please report them and expose them.
(Some subforums also have a place for fakes thread)

ALso peruse each designer's shopping subforum as most have list of reputable sellers.

GOOD ADVICE:tup: ALWAYS AUTHENTICATE BEFORE YOU BUY. And always check a seller's TOOLHAUS.ORG before you bid.

I have over 150 Coach items listed and have over 100 waiting to be listed... Mine are all authentic.

I thought Coach sells in Coach stores and outlets, and some department stores. So I've always wondered the same thing when I see fBay sellers listing tons of Coach bags at lower prices, particularly because mirror-image replicas of Coach bags are so readily available at super cheap prices. When I've asked the sellers where the bags come from, I'm told "from authorized distributors." I've always been confused about this. Where do you get yours?

When a seller states "authorized distributors", I smell a scam.

Here we go w/ that "wholesale" word again, and you know that gets me going lol.

I think the reputable sellers that list several Coach bags probably get them from the outlets??

I thought Coach sells in Coach stores and outlets, and some department stores. So I've always wondered the same thing when I see fBay sellers listing tons of Coach bags at lower prices, particularly because mirror-image replicas of Coach bags are so readily available at super cheap prices. When I've asked the sellers where the bags come from, I'm told "from authorized distributors." I've always been confused about this. Where do you get yours?

I agree with you, gro, that's why I never, ever buy from those sellers.

But I still don't understand how sellers can list dozens of the same current-season bag at lower than retail. Even going to an outlet wouldn't produce that many bags, would it? It's a mystery to me, and since the sellers I've talked to haven't been any help, I'm hoping noshoe can help me make some sense of it.

I agree with you, gro, that's why I never, ever buy from those sellers.

But I still don't understand how sellers can list dozens of the same current-season bag at lower than retail. Even going to an outlet wouldn't produce that many bags, would it? It's a mystery to me, and since the sellers I've talked to haven't been any help, I'm hoping noshoe can help me make some sense of it.

Some may mean authorized distributors such as places like department stores or outlets that are authorized to sell these bags. I guess others mean fake wholesalers. Coach outlets have many bags and you can buy tons. People drop 10,000 in there all the time when they have good sales. Some times coach will only let you get three of an item but I have never seen it enforced. Sellers also have friends and family buy for them also if they do not want to be flagged for buying so much. Same with department stores and other brand outlets. If they have a good sale then people buy a lot. Some people also have boutiques and they can buy bags at discount from the company and sell them on ebay in addition to the boutique. This is mostly for midrange bags not highend. The only thing that would worry me is if a seller had tons of one style of a brand such as Gucci or chanel that is still selling in full price boutiques. Like if a seller has 5 classic chanels that have never been on sale less than retail or 5 Gucci jockeys but they still could get them with egc event gift cards.

I remember when LV hearts came out. This one seller had them cheaper than everyone else. I figured out she was getting them from overseas. This way they would be cheaper with the dollar conversion and no tax. Another way is sellers buy gift cards on ebay. They will buy saks gift cards for 100.00 less than the gift card and then buy items at a discount. So there are ways to get things cheaper sellers just have to be creative.

Last edited:
Something else you should take into consideration is consignment sellers.

I personally run a consignment business and accept items to sell for my local customers. I'm never a 100 listing at a time type of gal, but these sellers might be!

Some may mean authorized distributors such as places like department stores or outlets that are authorized to sell these bags. I guess others mean fake wholesalers. Coach outlets have many bags and you can buy tons. People drop 10,000 in there all the time when they have good sales. Some times coach will only let you get three of an item but I have never seen it enforced. Sellers also have friends and family buy for them also if they do not want to be flagged for buying so much. Same with department stores and other brand outlets. If they have a good sale then people buy a lot. Some people also have boutiques and they can buy bags at discount from the company and sell them on ebay in addition to the boutique. This is mostly for midrange bags not highend. The only thing that would worry me is if a seller had tons of one style of a brand such as Gucci or chanel that is still selling in full price boutiques. Like if a seller has 5 classic chanels that have never been on sale less than retail or 5 Gucci jockeys but they still could get them with egc event gift cards.

I remember when LV hearts came out. This one seller had them cheaper than everyone else. I figured out she was getting them from overseas. This way they would be cheaper with the dollar conversion and no tax. Another way is sellers buy gift cards on ebay. They will buy saks gift cards for 100.00 less than the gift card and then buy items at a discount. So there are ways to get things cheaper sellers just have to be creative.

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned earlier, what you just said (in bold) is what I don't understand when I see sellers listing a bunch of the same style bag, which happens to be from the designer's current season and selling at full price in stores. How can that be? Many times these are mirror-image replicas, and the buyers have no idea--hek, the SAs can't spot them. But other times I've seen it done with new bags for which I haven't seen any fakes--yet. :shrugs:

I have been in wholesale/retail for a very long time and have made great contacts.
So I have access to great product all the time... but mine keeps changing.
It is difficult for people to have faith in your product when there are so many scams out there.

Many people only consign certain brands and that is how they get all their LV's or Chanel...

Best of luck!

I have over 150 Coach items listed and have over 100 waiting to be listed... Mine are all authentic.

*bump*

Hey nosho, I had asked earlier about this because I'm trying to figure out how this is possible--not that it isn't, but that I'm obviously out of the loop. Do you sell current-season Coach bags at lower than retail?

It's absolutely possible to sell legit (not stolen) authentic current season high-end designer items at less than retail. And I will say this, the chances of getting someone to tell you HOW they are doing it is very slim. There are all types of businsess relationships one can have that most people are unfamiliar with. And if someone went around telling others how they do what they do - they would quickly be out of business. KWIM?

^ true, good point.

btw, i'm not suggesting the items have to be fake
or stolen; i'm just wondering because seeing sellers
listing numerous current-season bags at below retail
prices has made me hesitate to bid in the past.

thanks for the info nosho. wish you could make more than $20, though lately that's much better than selling at a loss. have you noticed a slowdown since the economic meltdown? prices seem to keep dropping on the stuff i watch.