People who live in or have been to Paris...

I didn't see many fakes being carried when I honeymooned there in '04 but while we waited for the Eurostar we wandered around neat the station and saw alot of those little stores full of designer knock off handbags/luggage.

Not really.. I saw some tourists with fake bags. I was REALLY shocked when I saw someone who looked like a local in Monaco with a fake MC alma !

Chaneller said:
No, because you could end up paying a penalty of 10 000€ (~$12 425) in France and Italy if you carry a fake.

OMG!!! Canadian government should inforce this rule! I think we may eliminate national bebt thanks to the streets of Toronto and it's surroundings alone!!!:lol:

Quote:LV_addict
Originally Posted by Chaneller
No, because you could end up paying a penalty of 10 000€ (~$12 425) in France and Italy if you carry a fake.

OMG!!! Canadian government should inforce this rule! I think we may eliminate national bebt thanks to the streets of Toronto and it's surroundings alone!!!

French trendy womens like balenciaga, chloe or chanel bags, they don't care about vuitton. When you arrive at the charles de gaule airport there is a poster saying that you can be charge up to 300 000 euros fine (about $500 000) and up to 3 years in prison if they find fake on you or in your luggage. They stopped me and checked if my keepall was real, also they made a beef about the fact that I had 1 brand new treo and mac book.

Of course they have an expert that track fake CARTIER - CHANEL - VUITTON , It's a big deal over there. If you show up in a lv store for authentification you will be surprised to see what they gonna do to your bag. First they keep it and second they cut it in front of you. It's a crime.

they are very suspicious for the arriving from thailand, china, even from morocco. I was coming from NY but there were people fom thailand in my flight , probably french tourist that made a connection in NY .They checked all my luggages.