People who have bought YSL bags from Saks Off Fifth are you worried about them being authentic?

n4natasha

Apr 3, 2023
With the latest controversy going on with Saks online products, have you purchased any bags from Saks Off Fifth lately? If you have purchaed YSL bags in the last year or so did you get it authenticated?

I too haven't heard about this but am curious about whether you're referring to new or pre-owned products? I don't see how a department store like saks could be selling fake products directly. It seems they have jumped on the resale bandwagon so that might be another story.

I too haven't heard about this but am curious about whether you're referring to new or pre-owned products? I don't see how a department store like saks could be selling fake products directly. It seems they have jumped on the resale bandwagon so that might be another story.
No it was related to brand new purchase and its specific to online purchase from Saks.com.

Some news articles covering the recent issues with Saks.

Reactions: mal
Unfortunately, dishonest people buy authentic items and return fake items. I don’t think that Saks is purposely selling fake merchandise but probably needs better quality control on returns.

The OP’s original question was about Saks Off Fifth. If it’s happening at Saks I guess it could happen at the outlet also.

I could see how in a busy warehouse an item’s box is scanned without the merchandise inside actually being looked at or if it is looked at the employee would not necessarily know when the original merchandise had been substituted with a fake.

I have received two different pairs of shoes from Nordstrom's (not Saks) online that were obviously returns based on the multiple labels on the boxes. The shoes themselves were in new condition and the boxes, other than the multiple labels and dust bags were in new condition. Both were very hard to find shoes and not premium designers so I kept them.

I guess it is a case of as a buyer one needs to be fairly careful now and feel comfortable with your own degree of being able to spot fakes or inconsistencies.

Certainly it’s something that can happen but, I doubt it has happened with Saint Laurent from Saks anytime recently. I ordered a lot of Saint Laurent from Saks in 2023, and every single item was shipped directly from the new Saint Laurent logistics center in Wayne, New Jersey. I could tell by the packaging and the shipping address. It goes back prior to 2023 but, in 2023 everything shipped (through Saks) from there. Hopefully this might be of some comfort to you?
Edit: I guess I’m assuming that things at Saks Off Fifth originally came from SFA. Sorry if my comments don’t apply!

Last edited:
Certainly it’s something that can happen but, I doubt it has happened with Saint Laurent from Saks anytime recently. I ordered a lot of Saint Laurent from Saks in 2023, and every single item was shipped directly from the new Saint Laurent logistics center in Wayne, New Jersey. I could tell by the packaging and the shipping address. It goes back prior to 2023 but, in 2023 everything shipped (through Saks) from there. Hopefully this might be of some comfort to you?
Edit: I guess I’m assuming that things at Saks Off Fifth originally came from SFA. Sorry if my comments don’t apply!
I ordered a medium loulou and camera bag from Saks Off Fifth as they were steeply discounted. Medium loulou came with box and dustbag but camera bag did not come with box. But items seemed new and untouched with all protective stickers in place, so I never had a second thought of them being fake. But with the recent controversies I am thinking of authenticating them for peace of mind.

Reactions: mal
That makes sense. I’m sure if they’re at the outlet then they didn’t come directly from the designer. It’s good that at least you got the box and bag with one of them!
I have a few extra Saint Laurent bags, if you want I could check and see if any of them would fit your camera bag?