People who has done non incision eyelids

dpnot

Apr 14, 2017
I'm almost 2 days away for the one month mark after non incision on my eyelid but there are these 2 little purple ish dots and the thread feeling is more prominent in these 2 areas. Does anyone know if this means it's botched? Or if i need more time to heal? Apply hot pack?

I'm almost 2 days away for the one month mark after non incision on my eyelid but there are these 2 little purple ish dots and the thread feeling is more prominent in these 2 areas. Does anyone know if this means it's botched? Or if i need more time to heal? Apply hot pack?
Bruising is a normal part of the recovery process after surgery. The purplish discoloration of the skin indicates the blood in that particular area. Dont ever apply a hot pack!!! cold compress on the bruise make it heal faster. Drink lot of fluids!

As @medicaltrashjunkie mentions, bruising is quite a normal part of the recovery process, so you shouldn't be too worried. But I would urge you to reach out to your clinic directly if you have concerns as that's what they are there for :smile:

As for recovery, typically ice pack is used up to 4 to 5 days to help with deswelling and afterwards you should use warm packs as this enhances blood circulation, thus helps with deswellling. But again this is a typical schedule and I am sure you received some kind of aftercare instructions from the clinic? Happy healing :smile:

Bruising is a normal part of the recovery process after surgery. The purplish discoloration of the skin indicates the blood in that particular area. Dont ever apply a hot pack!!! cold compress on the bruise make it heal faster. Drink lot of fluids!
you're telling me to not apply hot pack but the person below you told me to apply hot pack and my clinic told me to apply it if i got bruises. so whats going on lol
i just got concerned because again, this is something people rarely talk about and they usually dont see them 1 month post op but i do.

As @medicaltrashjunkie mentions, bruising is quite a normal part of the recovery process, so you shouldn't be too worried. But I would urge you to reach out to your clinic directly if you have concerns as that's what they are there for :smile:

As for recovery, typically ice pack is used up to 4 to 5 days to help with deswelling and afterwards you should use warm packs as this enhances blood circulation, thus helps with deswellling. But again this is a typical schedule and I am sure you received some kind of aftercare instructions from the clinic? Happy healing :smile:

thank you for the reply (: i did apply the cold pack a week after the surgery

lol, must have done something wrong as I had to create a new account :sad:

Anyway, good luck with healing and again best to check with your clinic about your specific aftercare instructions.

They did tell me the instructions and there wasnt much given the fact that i only did it in my right eyelid and the restylane fillers under my eye healed nicely but thank you

you're telling me to not apply hot pack but the person below you told me to apply hot pack and my clinic told me to apply it if i got bruises. so whats going on lol
i just got concerned because again, this is something people rarely talk about and they usually dont see them 1 month post op but i do.

As much as I know of is, that you need to apply cold compression to prevent swelling and like @mlydzz mentioned, check up with your clinic if you are not feeling well or something is wrong.
After two or three days of surgery, you can start warm compress and make sure you clean the incision area to prevent further infrection and in most cases, they should provide you with an ointment.
Or you can directly check up with the doctor or the nurse for specific instructions because they are professional and I am just a med student.

Reactions: dpnot