People on Ebay make me mad!! :(

purseslave i hope everything works out... it totally sucks... i wish i could get the money together quicker to get your b-bag - (nope i didnt get my turquoise) good luck with the listing... i'll be keeping an eye on your b-bag
***hugs***

JoyFish: Thanks! He is great now!!

I have received 2 more emails from people that were scammed by the same guy I was, same story, etc. This makes 5 people that I personally know of, how many are really out there?

Another update: I have been able to track down one of the poor people who's id and cc card were stolen to make the payment. They let me know which cc that was used, PayPal won't tell me. Now I have a case against the cc and PayPal.

Also, the area of town that they bags have been shipped is the most impoverished and crime ridden part of town. This is as per my dear friend that is from there. Mostly rooms for rent and apartments where the law enforcement usually doesn't even go into. So, I'm sure nothing will be done to stop the hackers/criminals on the receiving end.

If anyone else has been scammed by a similar situation, please pm me so that we can compare notes and compile our cases for the FBI and Secret Service.

favoritethingshawaii said:
Does this mean the hacker used someone else's ebay ID to purchase the bag? Or use someone's Paypal account to pay for it? Whatever it is, I'm sorry this happened but at least you still have the bag!

So now I'm worried when I get Paypal payment...does this mean I could possibly end up losing the money ANDthe item if I ship it out??:evil:

PayPal says that the buyer paid with a credit card, and that the certain transaction was unauthorized. So perhaps someone just stole the credit card #? I don't know...PayPal doesn't really tell you much...

I am just lucky that I didn't ship the bag before PayPal told me about the unauthorized payment!! I could have been out $800!!! :mad:

If I had shipped the bag already, I think PayPal would ask if you gave them a tracking number....so there might be a way of getting your bag back...or at least your money....but then again I don't know how PayPal works w/ these things!

helenNZ said:
purseslave i hope everything works out... it totally sucks... i wish i could get the money together quicker to get your b-bag - (nope i didnt get my turquoise) good luck with the listing... i'll be keeping an eye on your b-bag
***hugs***

I'm sorry you didn't get your turquoise! :sad2:

Hearing all of this really makes me hesitant to sign up for paypal. I would love to buy so much from this forum and I know that is a safe way to conduct business....but I don't know...hmmm?

^^I have not had any problems with anyone here on PF, I trust them all, heaven forbid horrible people find out about this site :sad:....I'm sure if anyone did have problems, Megs and Vlad would kick them right off!

I think that eBay and PayPal can be safe...you should be safe here as well. I don't want to scare people, just inform on what can happen and to be very careful. I still think eBay is a great marketplace, you just have to ask alot of questions as a seller, not just a buyer.