Penelope Dress questions

mishka

YAY 2012! RAAWR!
O.G.
Oct 9, 2006
I'm considering getting the Penelope dress, but I dont know if I should get XS or S. I have the peach ginko wrap in S and it seems a little big on me, but I'm not usually an XS. I'm a 0 or 2 in most things lately, but my waist is no where near a 24.5 or 25! More like 27. My bust is 32 and my hips are 33 Does anyone know how to figure these things out?

Does anyone have it?

sorry it took me so long to see this......
the only person "we" know who has it is Jandelvis.......

pm her and ask since she's so busy and doesn't pop up as often as she used to.......

also, leo has seen it IRL and she thought it may be a bit too mature looking for her......

hope this helps.....

Hi mishka!

i got it in a S since that's most of my HH attire. when i first received it, thought it was too big and considered sending it back for an XS - i had thought it ran a hair bigger than normal. HOWEVER then i realized it's just that the dress fit way better when i moved to a more padded bra. I think it looks especially good if you've got more than a 32A :smile: It's blousy up top, which is the way the style is cut, but with my lack of chest, it was almost frumpy until i changed bras.

Here's the deets on size. I'm 5-7 and around 125 lbs, 32A and wear a 2-4 depending on brand and think Small is best for me. My best friend is my height, and wears a 6-8 dress size, is 34B and loves her Penelope in the Medium. One reviewer on hh.com mentions that it's cut narrow in the hips, but I don't think its too extreme.

I can see how it's a little old/stepford/mature for Leo or girls her age - though i DO think she could rock it with that gorgeous headband and a stack of punk-rock Ramones and some fierce shoes. i wore it to teach this summer with a gold cropped cardigan and loved it... got comments from a couple female physicians in my class :smile:

i just got it yesterday! I am 5'3'' and usually wear a size 8/29 in jeans...(about 135lbs) I wear a 34C....I ordered the medium and its good except its too long, Im going to get it professionally hemmed. Hope that helps.