Pembrook Croco in Wine

Aug 13, 2014
My Pembrook Large Amelie Croco Tote in Wine just arrived. :smile::smile::smile:

The handbag was in excellent condition, factory wrapped from ILD CA.

The wine color is beautiful. It is more of a dark red than a wine.
There are no brown or orange undertones, I'd say the undertones in the
wine are from the blue red side of the color wheel. The wine croco color is a deep red,
with lighter red veining and darker edging on the croco squares.
It's a much prettier and more alive color than the smooth or pebbled leather
wine and cranberry of recent years. And the wine is not as deep as the
Bordeaux.

This Dooney Pembrook croco in wine reminds me of the Brahmin Black Cherry,
for those who are familiar with that brand and color. The Dooney wine is not quite as
dark as the Brahmin black cherry croco, but it's in the same family.

For those who are considering any of the styles in the Pembrook croco, if you like red,
I'd say you would love the wine. It's bright and lively and rich. If you prefer more muted
and subtle colors, this wine does not fit that description.

I'm having a hard time deciding which of the 4 colors of Pembrook croco I like best....
blue, purple, Bordeaux, or wine. The Bordeaux is the darkest, next darkest is the purple (which
is a true blue based purple), the blue is a medium bright navy, and the wine is a rich, bright,
dark red. I really like all the colors I have and I think any of them would be amazing in
the Claire style as well as the Large Amalie Tote that I have. Both these styles have enough
surface area to really show the beautiful croco and also the logo lock in gold to highlight the
design.

I'm a happy handbag collector today.

My Pembrook Large Amelie Croco Tote in Wine just arrived. :smile::smile::smile:

The handbag was in excellent condition, factory wrapped from ILD CA.

The wine color is beautiful. It is more of a dark red than a wine.
There are no brown or orange undertones, I'd say the undertones in the
wine are from the blue red side of the color wheel. The wine croco color is a deep red,
with lighter red veining and darker edging on the croco squares.
It's a much prettier and more alive color than the smooth or pebbled leather
wine and cranberry of recent years. And the wine is not as deep as the
Bordeaux.

This Dooney Pembrook croco in wine reminds me of the Brahmin Black Cherry,
for those who are familiar with that brand and color. The Dooney wine is not quite as
dark as the Brahmin black cherry croco, but it's in the same family.

For those who are considering any of the styles in the Pembrook croco, if you like red,
I'd say you would love the wine. It's bright and lively and rich. If you prefer more muted
and subtle colors, this wine does not fit that description.

I'm having a hard time deciding which of the 4 colors of Pembrook croco I like best....
blue, purple, Bordeaux, or wine. The Bordeaux is the darkest, next darkest is the purple (which
is a true blue based purple), the blue is a medium bright navy, and the wine is a rich, bright,
dark red. I really like all the colors I have and I think any of them would be amazing in
the Claire style as well as the Large Amalie Tote that I have. Both these styles have enough
surface area to really show the beautiful croco and also the logo lock in gold to highlight the
design.

I'm a happy handbag collector today.
LJ, I love reading your descriptions. Yay, that you are a happy collector. Enjoy your New Pembrook treasure:smile:.

As you can tell, I'm pleased with my new wine croco Pembrook large Amelie tote. I hope my information is helpful to those who are considering the purchasing the wine color in this leather.

If anyone has questions about the style, let me know and I'll share my experience. One note.... the long cross body strap is not removeable. The center portion of it does detach to make the strap a shorter shoulder length option. Since I only use the handles, I detach the center piece of the longer strap and tuck the remainder of the strap into the bottom of the handbag, as opposed to letting it drape on the outside. Just a personal preference.

I think the Amelie/Amelia is a lovely style in any variation. or size. And this wine croco will go with a variety of colors. As far as the Pembroke collection goes, I would love a Claire bag.
Sounds like you're ready for fall.
Enjoy!