Peep toe in the winter?

In a different thread regarding peep-toed shoes in the winter, I stated that I thought it was a little bit stupid. I still stand by that thought, although to be perfectly honest... I will probably do it, too, just because I like peep-toed shoes and fashion is not about comfort!

That being said... go for it :smile:

I have to admit I hate the look of tights/hose looking at me out of the toe of a shoe. Like Fab and lantana said, if it's a very small peep toe (where your toe doesn't stick out!), it's ok, but not when your toe(s) is exposed. JMHO.

I wear peep toed shoes in the winter, but it's hardly ever below about 45 here. Don't think I would if I still lived where it snows.

ITA
I have to admit that I really don't recall seeing too many women with tights and peep-toes. It's really the hose and sandals or peeps that makes me cringe. For some reason it really bugs me when I see a women in a beautiful cocktail or formal dress with hose and evening sandals..ugh.

An example via the sartorialist:

Whtgryfull.jpg

Whtgry.jpg

I think this girl pulls it off really well. Personally though, I'll be sticking to pairing black opaques with black shoes. So boring, I know lol.

I prefer only wearing dark/colored tights (never the ugly shiny nude! and never with toe seams that contrast or show!) with small peep toes.

Anything open toed is touch-and-go in my opinion - it works sometimes, but I would try things on and experiment and see what you like. I've worn grey tights with open-toed purple shoes before with a grey dress and the look was cute.

I personally consider OP's posted purple shoes (which are DARLING!) to be open toe rather than peep toe.

I'm liking this look but, how do you conceal the toe seam on the tights?

You hav to shop around, but you can find some without a seam or the seam will be under your toes instead of at the tip - I try to manuvery the seam under my foot when putting on the tights. There are also tights that are "footless" but still go over your foot if you pull them over your toes and heels leaving the underside of your foot uncovered - you can usually find these at dancewear stores.

I'm sorry but peep toes (or any open toe shoe) with tights is a no no. There's nothing wrong with wearing peeptoes in the winter if you can put up with the cold.

I'm loving my open-toes boots (never thought I would ever say that, since I used to hate them), and I i've actually been thinking whether anyone makes open-toed tights. Time for a little surfing.