Peeling Leather Common in Givenchy Bags?

Gal4Dior

O.G.
Nov 30, 2010
I recently purchased my first Givenchy bag, the Cross 3 bag in black worn by Meghan Markle. I ordered it from a reputable boutique in Italy and it came wrapped in original condition.

I wore the bag for a total of three days, during the third day I noticed that there was an area of leather near where the chain would sit on one side of the bag that appeared to be peeling/flaking off! Then I noticed the back of one of the leather zip pull handles was missing the textured leather!

I’m horrified that only 3 days of wear could cause this. I don’t baby my bags, but I don’t run them to the ground either. Especially if only worn for work 8 hours three days in a row. The boutique did accept the return (thank goodness), but I’m sad the bag did not hold up. I loved the style and functionality of the bag.

Has anyone else had issues with givenchy leather quality?

TIA!

I have maybe 50 Givenchy bags in a variety of styles and haven't experienced this, so no not common in my experience (and some styles like my pandoras I am quite rough with)

The closest style I have to the Cross is a leather/exotic GV3, and the craftsmanship is just exquisite...I was just wearing it yesterday and remarking on that and how much of a work of art it is.

Perhaps the particular item you bought was defective (it happens as I've come across a few flukes over the years) unless it's an issue with that style.

I have maybe 50 Givenchy bags in a variety of styles and haven't experienced this, so no not common in my experience (and some styles like my pandoras I am quite rough with)

The closest style I have to the Cross is a leather/exotic GV3, and the craftsmanship is just exquisite...I was just wearing it yesterday and remarking on that and how much of a work of art it is.

Perhaps the particular item you bought was defective (it happens as I've come across a few flukes over the years) unless it's an issue with that style.

I’m wondering that since it’s a new style it may have some kinks? I’m very disappointed. I really loved that bag.

I've had my Antigona for four years and I do not baby it all, I throw it around all the time, and the bag/leather has held up considerably well. I would exchange your bag if you can.