Paypal wishing confirmation of counterfeit goods

vivien2501

Aug 23, 2010
Hello there ladies.... I wonder if anyone can help?

I bought a purse on Buy It Now from ebay. The girl selling guaranteed its authenticity (bought from Bond St London, she said). I paid £200 (about $300 approx). After I had bought and paid for it, ebay removed the listing as counterfeit, so I waited for the purse to arrive and hoped for the best.... After 2 weeks, a poor fake arrived and I'm absolutely devastated. I have reported to Paypal but they are now wanting proof/confirmation that the item is not authentic. (The girl told me she cant give me a refund as she has spent the money, so tough!). I live in Inverness in Scotland and I'm hundreds of miles away from anywhere that could prove this not authentic. Has anyone got any ideas as to what I might do....? Many thanks in advance. I have 10 days to provide written confirmation.

Paypal are unfair with this as they know boutiques will not authenticate. A letter of non-authenticity is going to cost ££.
I'm having a similar issue but with a Wii remote. Paypal wants me to have it authenticated at a Nintendo store. There is no such place! The hoops are ridiculous.