Paypal Temporary hold?

ponytail

Sep 16, 2009
I hope someone can help me figure this out.

My husband sold an item and received a payment of $19.20. After he received the payment he sent the item

Today when I checked the blance I learned that this payment has been placed on temporary hold.

Why was this done? Is there a problem with the payment?

TIA!!

I hope someone can help me figure this out.

My husband sold an item and received a payment of $19.20. After he received the payment he sent the item

Today when I checked the blance I learned that this payment has been placed on temporary hold.

Why was this done? Is there a problem with the payment?

TIA!!

If it's a hold instigated by paypal then this explains:

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...=solutionPanels&solutionId=1237510&isSrch=Yes

If the buyer has raised a complaint then you should have been advised as such.

"If you don’t upload tracking, but mark the item as shipped in My eBay, your payment should be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date. "

So since he did not ship using tracking he has to wait 7 days after the estimated delivery date?
it was only a $9.98 item and as it was it cost over $15 to ship! I think we made like $3 on it! Is this something new Paypal has started? We are in Canada and it was shipped to the US

Thanks for your replies and the help!

I had this happen to me 2 weeks ago. I paid for a item, seller didnt have the item that was lister for a "BIN" and they refunded right away. Paypal put my refund on hold for a week (6days total) till the money actually showed up. Then i spent another 2 days waiting for it to finally transfer and show up in my bank acct. lmao :sad: ive never experienced a refund or any type of hold through paypal so this was eally a first for me.
Hope it works out and if anything give them a call. I called twice before my money got cleared and it was right after my second call Literally!

For me paypal did it because I had fewer than 25 seller feedback (I had more than 25 feedbacks but not more than 25 from me as a seller), if you really need the funds you can call and ask to speak to the manager and sometimes they grudgingly allow you to have your own money- they hold the funds in order to make interest off of it apparently.

"If you don’t upload tracking, but mark the item as shipped in My eBay, your payment should be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date. "

So since he did not ship using tracking he has to wait 7 days after the estimated delivery date?
it was only a $9.98 item and as it was it cost over $15 to ship! I think we made like $3 on it! Is this something new Paypal has started? We are in Canada and it was shipped to the US

Thanks for your replies and the help!

Not that new, been around a while now. Depends on selling history, feedback, whether you've had a lot of complaints, what you're selling etc etc.

For me paypal did it because I had fewer than 25 seller feedback (I had more than 25 feedbacks but not more than 25 from me as a seller), if you really need the funds you can call and ask to speak to the manager and sometimes they grudgingly allow you to have your own money- they hold the funds in order to make interest off of it apparently.

Whilst they may make interest from it (I don't know whether they do or not BUT they shouldn't because it should be held in a client account), this isn't the reason this process was introduced.