PayPal scam!!!! OMG!!!

I get these all the time and in the past 2 days I've now gotten a greeting e-card that I don't think is actually an e-card because when I follow the link, my virus software stops it because it tries to download something onto my computer. So, now I'm just going to ignore it because it isn't my birthday and I'm not even sure why someone would be sending me a card--plus, don't those notices usually have the sender's name on it?

I think the https:// means it's a secure/encrypted connection, but I still wouldn't trust it. Sometimes when I get these emails, out of curiosity, I'll put in the incorrect password to see what happens. If it accepts it, then it's definitely a scam.

I've been getting this crap for years ... both on my Seller & Buyer emails. I would suggest reading some of the "security" blurbs in both Paypal and eBay ... they worn you about this stuff.

My rule of thumb ... if I don't know you ... your email gets deleted; if I get something from either eBay or Paypal and they address it "Dear [eBay/Paypal] User" ... it also gets deleted!

Thank you everyone for responding. =)
I hardly use Paypal and have little experiences with ebay (browse more than buy), I will know better if something similar were to happen again. I happened to pay for a bag via PayPal 2 days ago so this morning's e-mail made me nervous at first. Lesson learned today! =)

woah that is hella scary... i must admit if i had received this i probably would have fallen for it. So glad i stumbled across this thread.
I have never received one of these before.. But now i will be extra careful!!!