Paypal claim : seller withdraws funds what happens??

Diorific

Bag'O'saurus
Aug 4, 2008
Hi ladies,

I am currently embroiled in a Paypal claim with a seller and i think that she has already withdrawn the funds from her paypal account...I am worried that i wont be able to issue a chargeback in that case? Would Paypal refund me?

Basically I bought a bag from this seller and paid £15 for a next day delivery as specified on her auction. I paid within an hour of the auction (wednesday night). In her auction she specified that she'd only post on thursdays so i was hoping to get my item on friday.

Friday : nothing. I sent her a polite email asking where my parcel was (£15 for delivery is a lot of money!). No reply.

Very worried i obtain her details through and ebay search and ring her. No reply. On saturday : no parcel !

On monday i logged a claim and after that she woke up (typical) but she supplied an incorrect reference number and said that she sent the item after "payment cleared" :sad:

So now Paypal are reviewing the claim. Hopefully they'll see that the tracking number does not work....But i dont know about the money!?

Thanks!

althougb you paid for expedited shipping, she still has up to 7 days to send :sad:

Paypal will likely not complete this claim until next week at the earliest

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

The issue is that i paid for next day delivery :sad: also i found out that someone has now posted a neg feedback for the same issue! Does paypal take this into account?

I am worried about not recovering the funds :sad:

So sorry this has happened to you, the seller sounds bad news if she already has a neg for the same issue.
What was the buyer protection on the listing...£150 or £500?
As you've escalated the claim with paypal (totally the right thing to do!) they will be able to see that the tracking number is invalid and you haven't received the item so will side with you.
With regards to getting your money back, I believe Paypal put a hold on the money in the sellers account once the claim is escalated...if it isn't there anymore then it means the seller's account has now a negative balance. Paypal will ask the seller to put funds into the account so that is it not negative anymore.
Hopefully the protection on the listing was £500 which means the seller is paypal verified and that they have a bank account linked to it. Paypal will take the money from the seller's bank account.
Good luck with it!! Please keep us posted xxx

Thanks so much Coachfreak and TheBigBagAddict :smile:

Yes i paid with a credit card and it does specify protection up to £500. The new negative feedback is actually for exactly the same thing ; she sold a bag and never sent it but transferred the paypal funds onto her bank account and stops communication...

It is wierd because up to then she had 100% feedback...but i smelt something fishy when she started selling 3 prada bags after mine with photos gathered from the net!

On my paypal claim the fake parcelforce reference still shows up so hopefully they'll refund me :smile:

Thanks!

Okay, if she has taken the money out of her account then Paypal may only give you what they can recover. If that is the case, then you can file with your CC to do the chargeback after and then you will get your money back. But you have to wait for the Paypal claim to finish first.

You will certainly be covered through Paypal. If she has withdrawn the funds they will take it out of her account, even if she has tried to close her paypal account she cant for 6 months to stop exactly what you are worried about.
It certainly sounds dodgy but dont worry you will be covered as its happened to me & the seller was taken off ebay because of it.
Hope this makes you feel better.

Thanks so much Coachfreak and TheBigBagAddict :smile:

Yes i paid with a credit card and it does specify protection up to £500. The new negative feedback is actually for exactly the same thing ; she sold a bag and never sent it but transferred the paypal funds onto her bank account and stops communication...

It is wierd because up to then she had 100% feedback...but i smelt something fishy when she started selling 3 prada bags after mine with photos gathered from the net!

On my paypal claim the fake parcelforce reference still shows up so hopefully they'll refund me :smile:

Thanks!

That's great news!! :tup: If Paypal cannot recover your money then your cc will. Like Coachfreak said said though just wait until Paypal have finished and if they can't get all of your money back then file a chargeback with your cc.

That is good news, thanks to all of you :smile:

I am currently waiting for Paypal's review which should be given by the 7th...My cc company said that they will send me a form so i will have this handy !

xxx

You also need to point out to paypal if they auction says that it was covered up to $200 or $2000, they are on the hook for up to whatever amount it said. they "conveniently" forget this when a seller withdraws funds, so they need to be "reminded".

You also need to point out to paypal if they auction says that it was covered up to $200 or $2000, they are on the hook for up to whatever amount it said. they "conveniently" forget this when a seller withdraws funds, so they need to be "reminded".

Ooh that is a good point though id be mortified if they pulled such a trick on me :wtf:!

thank you :smile: