Patent Bordeaux Ramona?

SoCal, I saw pics of your *phenomenal* Ramona collection when I was searching for pictures of the ramona last week. :love: I love how classic, chic and eye-catching all of them are!!

The JC SAs who showed me the bordeaux patent last week were all raving about the color much more so than all the other colors. I saw the regular leather bordeaux rikki at Saks NYC yesterday and was surprised by how different and more purple the color appeared on the regular leather versus its darker appearance on the patent.

I'm really torn over this one, and I think the best decision is to hold off on the bordeaux patent for now and wait to see what other fall/winter bags, if any, come out over the next couple of weeks ... I only hope the patent bordeaux doesn't become as difficult to find as the navy was if I choose to get it at a later time.

stinam said:
SoCal, I saw pics of your *phenomenal* Ramona collection when I was searching for pictures of the ramona last week. :love: I love how classic, chic and eye-catching all of them are!!

The JC SAs who showed me the bordeaux patent last week were all raving about the color much more so than all the other colors. I saw the regular leather bordeaux rikki at Saks NYC yesterday and was surprised by how different and more purple the color appeared on the regular leather versus its darker appearance on the patent.

I'm really torn over this one, and I think the best decision is to hold off on the bordeaux patent for now and wait to see what other fall/winter bags, if any, come out over the next couple of weeks ... I only hope the patent bordeaux doesn't become as difficult to find as the navy was if I choose to get it at a later time.

Thank you! :smile: I am going to take a look at the bordeaux patent tomorrow if it is still available...I need to see it IRL to make a "final" determination... I hope I do not need it...I purchased a red mahala bag a few weeks ago... :shame:

I saw an olive colored Riki, in leather (not patent) at Nordstorm's this weekend...it was TDF! If you're interested, it was at the Tyson's Corner Nordstorm in VA.

I have seen the Ramona bag in khaki (olive) as well. I do not love the F06 leather as much as that used for the S06 bags. It is still soft, but seems to have a slight sheen... Has anyone else noticed this, or am I over the top here?

SoCal said:
I have seen the Ramona bag in khaki (olive) as well. I do not love the F06 leather as much as that used for the S06 bags. It is still soft, but seems to have a slight sheen... Has anyone else noticed this, or am I over the top here?

Unfortunately, I have only seen the leather for the F06 up close. The only S06 ramona I had seen was a black one a few months back at saks, but even then I only saw it from afar as it was on a high shelf behind a very mobbed table of bags on sale. I wish that these handbags caught my eye sooner, and I'm definitely curious as to whether anyone else has noticed the sheen.

Aside from the sheen, is the texture of the leather on the new bags different from S06?

OMG--I saw this bag in person!!! :heart: I WANT it!!!:heart: It's a beautiful color. It's got a lot of depth and it's not a tacky, sticky patent. The leather is amazing soft! :love:

I'm curious to see what the Ramona in bordeaux would look like... Maybe it'd be too big? The Riki is actually a good sized bag and I'm a big bag chick! I think I might have to rescue her and bring her home before the weekend!!!! :yahoo:

Saw the bordeaux patent Ramona yesterday at JC SCP. It is a gorgeous bag! Just a bit too "something" for me...

Also asked about S06 vs. F06 leather...the S06 leather is more flat or matte, the F06 leather is slightly "textured" (thus appearance of leather is a bit different).

Still think about the khaki Ramona from time to time...

SoCal said:
Saw the bordeaux patent Ramona yesterday at JC SCP. It is a gorgeous bag! Just a bit too "something" for me...

Also asked about S06 vs. F06 leather...the S06 leather is more flat or matte, the F06 leather is slightly "textured" (thus appearance of leather is a bit different).

Still think about the khaki Ramona from time to time...

Was the Ramona too "big" in the patent? I like big bags, but I have a feeling the Ramona in patent could be a little too overwhelming--like too much of a blob of shine...

The Riki is actually a good sized bag and it looked just PERFECT in the patent. Thanks for the head's up on the Saks "buy some, get some" promo. It actually works out better to get the 10% off instead. But I think I'm set on the Riki!

SoCal said:
Oooh...today would be a good day to "Ramona shop" on saks.com... 10% of Ramona with shopjuly code plus a gift certificate...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the saks email!! I was determined to get it ... until I read the microscopic print on the email that said you could only use 1 promotion per purchase. Very unfair!! :crybaby: :crybaby:

wickedassin said:
Was the Ramona too "big" in the patent? I like big bags, but I have a feeling the Ramona in patent could be a little too overwhelming--like too much of a blob of shine...

The Riki is actually a good sized bag and it looked just PERFECT in the patent. Thanks for the head's up on the Saks "buy some, get some" promo. It actually works out better to get the 10% off instead. But I think I'm set on the Riki!

I saw the leather Riki earlier this week and it was definitely smaller than the patent ramona. If you have seen the Riki and think it's a great size for you, than you might find the patent ramona a bit too big. The ramona, and especially the patent version, seemed to be bigger than my large muse that I had with me.

I thought the ramona would be better for me -- I need a bag that I can use during the work week to carry a bunch of things, and loved the size of it. The riki would be a great non-work bag for me ... maybe I need 2 choos?? :upsidedown: ;)

If only the 10% could be combined with giftcard offer!! It seems that if you can spend just over $2k, then the $300 gives you a little more savings than the 10% off.

I agree with thoughts above... I like both Ramona and Riki... I find the Ramona to be the best fit for me... I also think the Ramona seems even larger in patent than in leather...

Bummer about the "fine print"...I would have loved a "double discount"...

Hmmm...khaki Ramona...

$1850...10%...$1665 (save $185)...plus tax (about wipes out savings)...or...

$1850...$300 gift card (if I also buy the Gucci boots)...no tax if I shop through one of my Saks SAs...

Or wait...