Patchwork Problems...

Coach Superfan

is playing catch up
O.G.
Dec 5, 2006
Hey gals,

I briefly mentioned in another thread that I've noticed issues with the seams on a patchwork bag. Does anyone else have this problem? Have you noticed anything like this? :crybaby:

CORNERS (they all vary within these two extremes):
CIMG4507.jpg

CIMG4510.jpg

AND THEN- NORMAL VS. WEARING OUT:

NORMAL:
CIMG4512.jpg

WORN OUT:
CIMG4514.jpg

and notice the thread right in the center of the stitching is totally visible:
CIMG4515.jpg

What do you think? Am I overreacting? There are other sections that look much more tightly stitched. Do you think MJ Repairs would be able to fix this? :sad: Ug, as if keeping it clean wasn't already enough of a challenge :Push:

Okay, I looked closely at my two patchwork bags and I didn't see any seam pulling on them like your photos. (I noticed some wear on the bottom corners of my Klein that I didn't know was there. yikes!) But my bags are black and cherry tart, and I'm wondering if you notice it more because of the light color? Do you think it is weight from items in the bag causing it?

I wish I could help more.

I have a PW Ines in Cherrytart, it looks like selmom's, all the stitches are not visible/tight. I haven't used the Ines all that much so I don't know if that is the reason..... Don't know if I offered any help, but I would imagine that MJ repairs could fix.....

I noticed it on my MBMJ Patchwork Convertible Clutch, but it is definitely a lot less expensive than a Stam. It doesn't seem to come from carrying heavy stuff around, because the Convertible Clutch is too small to put a lot in it.

i used to own the pw indigo ines and the stitching was not visible at all. it looks like shoddy workmanship. i think you should it off to repairs especially if it's going to bother you. i don't see why they wouldn't fix it since it could qualify as a defect.

Thanks selmom, shop2drop2,and tadpole... Your input helps support the fact I'm not just seeing things because I'm super anal :wacko:

Yes, I would say that I load up my Venetia.. but not with a 20lb weight which I could only imagine would cause these type of thread issues. Actually, I can't even imagine how that would cause the threads and corners to look the way they do since it's not like the lining stretches :confused1:

As for the photos- selmom those realllly help out. Your Klein looks MUCH more "pulled together" so to speak :P I guess I'll shoot out an email to Repairs and hope for the best...

hey girl, im a lil late to chime in but.......this looks like it needs repair. okay, so my thoughts on this are based on my quilting background, and with the pics you took, it is because of the thickness of the leather at the center of the 'star'. what they do to make that is sew 3 triangle together on one piece, and probably cut back the excess leather,etc to reduce bulk. they do the same and create another piece and then seam them horizontally, if you're using the cherrytart pic above as referance. There is a lot of bulk right at that center part and the leather is probably pulling to want to break the seams. this could be caused by the tension that they sewed this area with or because they didn't trim the bulk of the leather on the otherside properly. either way, it's something i would contact MJ repairs with and get fixed.

UPDATE:

Well, Diego responded to my email earlier this week and provided me with a SRO to send my Venetia in with. So tomorrow she will be shipped out. Byebye Venetia, I'll miss you! :crybaby:

BUT.....

In the meantime, I actually just got something else to replace her for awhile :graucho::choochoo:

UPDATE:

Well, Diego responded to my email earlier this week and provided me with a SRO to send my Venetia in with. So tomorrow she will be shipped out. Byebye Venetia, I'll miss you! :crybaby:

BUT.....

In the meantime, I actually just got something else to replace her for awhile :graucho::choochoo:

i'm glad they can fix it. she'll be back as good as new in no time.

what did you get?! tell me it's a fall 08 bag at least!