Passing down H items

I have two daughters, 30 and 29 years old. At this time, they are both happy to carry their Coach and Gucci bags, but also appreciate and admire my Hermes kellys, bolides, and trim. They're free to use my bags whenever the mood or occasion fits, and they already know that my collection will be passed on to them someday. (This, by the way, is the main reason I haven't had my bolides monogrammed with my own initials.)

It makes me smile to think that, years from now, my girls (and possibly a granddaughter or two or three) will be as proud to carry these beautiful bags that I once chose and cherished.

I love reading these responses!

I'm in the process of updating my will, so that's what got me thinking. I have no children or nieces, so I'm spinning my wheels on who should get my H goodies and jewelry. Lots to think about!

If any of you don't have children, feel free to pass it on to me :angel: :amuse: Just kidding! Though I am like a child.

I don't plan on having an Hermes collection, at the very most not much of one...If I'm lucky maybe something/someday. But as of right now, I plan on wearing the pocket square that Sarah gave me to rags, and I will pass on my Karo to someone else....much in the way it was passed onto me....a truly random, random act of kindness.

It will probably be way before I die, too. I will pass the Karo on at the right time, and I will know it when it comes. I don't really have a lot, but I like to pay it forward when I can.

My first H scarf, the one that started it all for me, belonged to DH's grandmother, so I intend to pass it on to DD when she's old enough to appreciate and care for it (this gives me a couple of decades!). She won't remember her great-grandmother, who passed away when DD was just a few months old, but she'll have a little something that belonged to her (her middle name is her great-grandmother's first name, as well). I'm sure she, and other daughters, if I should have any, will inherit my other scarves and whatever other H items I accumulate, but I intend to use those for a long time first!

My H and all my other purses will go to my daughter. At 2 she already admires my bags literally from afar. I now have my bags on higher shelves which she can no longer reach.:P

I really do not want to have kids...FREEDOM YAY!!! all my money goes to me!!! and my bags & Jewels...but after I am "Kaput" I will let my brothers wife who is a lot younger than me & LOVES HERMES have my goodies.:sad::Push: (I hope she does not see this... I want to live a long time...):P

I don't have any daughters, and I hope I carry my dear handbags till I can't lift them anymore. But if need be, I'll give to my daughters or DIL if I only have sons. At this point, I'm not married nor do I have kids, so Hermes is ALL mine. *evil cackle* Just kidding :smile: Hermes for all!

I have 2 daughters and I make sure I have an even number of H bags :graucho:...I would love for them to love and appreciate them when I'm gone, but I don't expect them to...but at least they'll have the option!

I have two daughters and will gift my H items (and other treasures) to them every now and then, while I am still here to enjoy their enjoyment of them!

For those of you (like me) who do not have younger female relatives, what do you hope will happen to your well-loved H items in the distant future?

Great thread, kenzie! It's so great to have daughters when you're "investing" in significant jewellery or H because you can justify it by saying you'll pass it down to them ;) (the Patek ads spring to mind)!
My answer would be - my daughter-in-law... if she is VERY nice to me :graucho: