Paris Hilton's new custom Birkin!

Looks like a Prive Porter-Paris Hilton 'partnership'. So much of what we read as editorial or a story is an advert these days, I just wish they could be more honest about it. The Birkin 'customisation' just the bait for the real story which is the promotion of Prive Porter.

As for the bag. The beauty of so much of Hermes is the leather itself and how the colour works with the leather. I would kill anyone rubbing my H bags over with glue and broken glass so personally I consider this bag ruined.

I also dislike the continual commercial pinkification and infantilisation of all girls' and women's things, it's worrying, PH has been a huge part of that. We have our Mother's day on Sunday, it was virtually impossible to find my clever, hard working and caring mother a single card that wasn't bubble gum pink with added cute bears/unicorns/bestest (sic) mate motifs, I kept thinking I was in the toddler first b-day section of the card shops.

Last edited:
While this bag is not my taste I think it is a perfect fit for Paris Hilton. Prive and Paris have raised the bar for exotic bags and special bags to a new level. Is the integrity of the bag compromised? - most definitely , is it for everyone? no. But it works for her. Sadly, I think , in time, she will tire of a pink rhinestone birkin but that's the price you pay for wanting something no one else (or very few) have.

Reactions: lulilu
Sadly, I think , in time, she will tire of a pink rhinestone birkin but that's the price you pay for wanting something no one else (or very few) have.

Your comment reminded me of the late and inimitable Dame Barbara Cartland who loved pink and wore pink right to the very end. Not that we can compare the two, the Dame was fabulous.

Reactions: Joannadyne
Looks like a Prive Porter-Paris Hilton 'partnership'. So much of what we read as editorial or a story is an advert these days, I just wish they could be more honest about it. The Birkin 'customisation' just the bait for the real story which is the promotion of Prive Porter.

As for the bag. The beauty of so much of Hermes is the leather itself and how the colour works with the leather. I would kill anyone rubbing my H bags over with glue and broken glass so personally I consider this bag ruined.

I also dislike the continual commercial pinkification and infantilisation of all girls' and women's things, it's worrying, PH has been a huge part of that. We have our Mother's day on Sunday, it was virtually impossible to find my clever, hard working and caring mother a single card that wasn't bubble gum pink with added cute bears/unicorns/bestest (sic) mate motifs, I kept thinking I was in the toddler first b-day section of the card shops.
I like you train of thought. I think she should have added "hello Kitty" logo to the bag. LOL. I would have liked that better. Seriously, I see a culture of keeping women as children. This will be a great social topic. This is why I love watching old classics. Women were women.

I love your post! Recently I heard the „tactic“ of selling a product to women is „pink it or shrink it“. Questionable and true at the same time unfortunately...

Reactions: papertiger
I love your post! Recently I heard the „tactic“ of selling a product to women is „pink it or shrink it“. Questionable and true at the same time unfortunately...

The saying I have heard is "pink it, shrink it, or bling it".....which is certainly applicable here.

I agree with @papertiger - I dislike this Privé Porter promotion and it doesn't burnish their brand in my eyes. I am always impressed by successful entrepreneurs but am not sure if an heiress who most certainly does sell an infantilized image of femininity and doesn't advance much intellectual dialogue qualifies.
Choice of brand partners says a lot about brands, but as i wouldn't touch a blinged Birkin, I am not PP's target market anyway.