Panthere watch with diamonds or without?

Which watch should I go for?

• Total voters

AJCat

Apr 3, 2023
Hi guys! I’m really loving the small panthere watch but can’t decide between with the diamonds or not. Do you think the price difference is worth it? Which looks better? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2434.jpeg
    IMG_2434.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2433.jpeg
    IMG_2433.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: A bottle of Red
Hi guys! I’m really loving the small panthere watch but can’t decide between with the diamonds or not. Do you think the price difference is worth it? Which looks better? Thanks!
I love both, but it depends when you’re intending to wear it! Diamonds are flashier and I probably would prefer diamonds for an evening/event watch, not a daily watch, which is why I’ve voted for without. At my workplace wearing an obviously blingy watch wouldn’t make me comfortable so it’s a personal choice!

I love both, but it depends when you’re intending to wear it! Diamonds are flashier and I probably would prefer diamonds for an evening/event watch, not a daily watch, which is why I’ve voted for without. At my workplace wearing an obviously blingy watch wouldn’t make me comfortable so it’s a personal choice!
Definitely for everyday! Yeah maybe that would be more low key

I voted for without, because here in particular I have the feeling, the golden spaces between the diamonds might look like there are some diamonds fallen out, even the spaces are arranged symmetrically.
Yeah I like the diamonds for the bling but I can’t decide if I like the way they did it here and if it’s worth an extra 5k. Can get a mini bag with that haha

Reactions: Sferics
1) Agree that you need to go try both of them on. It can significantly help make a decision. Make sure you wear your daily pieces of jewelry to see how they sit with the watch as well.
2) I saw that you mentioned for everyday. A gold watch is already quite an eye catching piece for everyday. Not saying you shouldn't buy all gold, just fyi, it is something I almost never see, and I live in a place where I see people carry birkins for a blowout and at least 1-2 supercars everyday when I drive to and from work.
Definitely go with what you love, because that's what we're all about on this forum! :tup::heart: But it's quite a statement piece for an everyday watch.
3) If you want to stack a gold watch with other items, just remember it is gold, a softer metal, it will be easier to scratch. For most of us, that is part of life, but if it's something that bothers you, please keep this in mind. It's also going to carry a bit of weight with it.
4) Bling vs no bling? I think they both are stunning! :loveeyes: You really can't go wrong with either one. My husband is the go big or go home guy and he would say yes to the diamonds. I am more subtle, and between the two, would go for without diamonds.

Having said all of this, I already have a panthere :lol:, size medium, TT. It's my every watch and I absolutely love it! I've never changed up my watches since then. It's very comfortable and a great piece to have in your collection! :biggrin:
Happy shopping and please let us know what you end up deciding on!

• Insightful
Reactions: AJCat and WingNut
As someone who has both the small two tone panthere (no diamonds) and the small YG panthere with diamonds — I say get the diamonds 100%. The amount that my TT has scratched around the bezel from usage will bother me every now and then and I always wish there were something there to protect it (like the diamonds!). I don’t have that problem with my YG/diamond version, because to me, the scratches are harder to see on the links in general. I will say that the diamond watch is a bit dressier and more formal, but I also think the all gold contributes to that effect. I don’t mind diamonds for everyday at this point, but it really depends on your preferences and personal style :smile: I will say this too — in person the diamonds on this particular watch are a bit more set-in and don’t sparkle or flash nearly as much as Rolex’s diamonds, for example. I think that the bling is rather understated on this watch and adds a little extra something. But if the scratches don’t bother you and you want something a touch more casual, the YG without diamonds is a gorgeous option. With or without diamonds it’s a lovely watch!

I like to Go BIG or Go HOME (LOL) so I prefer the diamonds, but you should get what suits your lifestyle and comfort level.

I tried the mini on recently, and it’s gorgeous!

However, didn’t they have a price increase on the watches recently?
Ooh that looks lovely! I considered the mini too but worded it would look childish on me. Yeah I think they did…

Had this same dilemma and initially the one without diamonds was on my wishlist but once I tried on the diamonds, the one without felt just a bit too bland.

Go try them both on, and the answers will come to you.
Love this on you! That’s what I’m worried about. That I’d find it plain later on without the diamonds. I like both just don’t want to have regrets

1) Agree that you need to go try both of them on. It can significantly help make a decision. Make sure you wear your daily pieces of jewelry to see how they sit with the watch as well.
2) I saw that you mentioned for everyday. A gold watch is already quite an eye catching piece for everyday. Not saying you shouldn't buy all gold, just fyi, it is something I almost never see, and I live in a place where I see people carry birkins for a blowout and at least 1-2 supercars everyday when I drive to and from work.
Definitely go with what you love, because that's what we're all about on this forum! :tup::heart: But it's quite a statement piece for an everyday watch.
3) If you want to stack a gold watch with other items, just remember it is gold, a softer metal, it will be easier to scratch. For most of us, that is part of life, but if it's something that bothers you, please keep this in mind. It's also going to carry a bit of weight with it.
4) Bling vs no bling? I think they both are stunning! :loveeyes: You really can't go wrong with either one. My husband is the go big or go home guy and he would say yes to the diamonds. I am more subtle, and between the two, would go for without diamonds.

Having said all of this, I already have a panthere :lol:, size medium, TT. It's my every watch and I absolutely love it! I've never changed up my watches since then. It's very comfortable and a great piece to have in your collection! :biggrin:
Happy shopping and please let us know what you end up deciding on!
Yeah I think I just need to try both on. Hopefully the answer will then come to me!

All my jewelries are yg so I’ve only considered this one since I don’t like mixing mean metals 🙂 I was thinking of pairing this with a tennis bracelet but yeah not sure if that’s a good idea since it’ll mostly scratch the watch. We’ll see what happens 😁

Reactions: lill_canele
As someone who has both the small two tone panthere (no diamonds) and the small YG panthere with diamonds — I say get the diamonds 100%. The amount that my TT has scratched around the bezel from usage will bother me every now and then and I always wish there were something there to protect it (like the diamonds!). I don’t have that problem with my YG/diamond version, because to me, the scratches are harder to see on the links in general. I will say that the diamond watch is a bit dressier and more formal, but I also think the all gold contributes to that effect. I don’t mind diamonds for everyday at this point, but it really depends on your preferences and personal style :smile: I will say this too — in person the diamonds on this particular watch are a bit more set-in and don’t sparkle or flash nearly as much as Rolex’s diamonds, for example. I think that the bling is rather understated on this watch and adds a little extra something. But if the scratches don’t bother you and you want something a touch more casual, the YG without diamonds is a gorgeous option. With or without diamonds it’s a lovely watch!
Ooh never thought about scratches on bezel. Something to think about.. that’s true. Can’t go wrong. They’re both lovely watches!

This is true, I have the stainless steel mini Panthere without diamonds (since all my jewelry is platinum/WG) and the scratches on the bezel are what bother me most. But I always worry that if there were diamonds there, would I be worried about them falling out, since I clearly bang my wrist around enough to cause scratches? Not sure if people have had diamonds fall out before?

Reactions: AJCat