PamJenkins.uk.com

Here's my experience:

I wanted to buy a pair of shoes from her website. Emailed. She unlocked the system. I put the shoes in my cart. Entered all of my information. Then the payment could not go through since my bank blocked the card in case of fraud. It was late so I decided to wait until tomorrow to call the bank.

The next day, I was using this chat function and someone added me. He asked me if I just purchased something from the U.K. Then he ask if my name was ..., then he also got my phone number, my address, my ALL INFO. OMG :wtf:

I asked him how did he get all of those info, he said he's a hacker, and he got all of my info from PamJenkins site. He told me to be careful when buying online and advised me to call my bank.

This totally freaked me out. Now I don't know if I should buy from PamJenkins :sad:

Wow, now THAT is scary. I hope everything worked out for you. That really sucks. :flowers:

Do you know if PJ charges you in GBP if they're being shipped to the US? Because when I see the option to change to dollars on the site, it ends up being more expensive from what I can see... or am I just being a complete mathematically-challenged idiot?

Nakie with my account if the balance is $0.00 and some one tries to put through a transaction , it wont go through , it'd be declined :biggrin: Basically no fund , no purchase and i've called the bank to turn off the overdraft option on my account ..just cos im very paranoid mergh

imma, just an FYI from my own personal experience -- I put a block on my account to decline purchases if there are no funds, but I ran into a problem where a purchase I made was charged as Credit instead of Debit it went through. A couple of days later I had a charge for insufficient funds. When I called my bank they told me that since it was run through as credit, they can't control this "block" or "overdraft protection" because it's not an immediate charge and it takes a couple of days to clear. So if anyone was to get a hold of your number, they could possibly do the same, which is scary. I agree with Nakie -- it is definitely a lot harder to recoup lost funds from a debit account than it is a credit card account. Please be careful! I would hate for something like that to happen to you... or anyone on here for that matter. :flowers:

imma, just an FYI from my own personal experience -- I put a block on my account to decline purchases if there are no funds, but I ran into a problem where a purchase I made was charged as Credit instead of Debit it went through. A couple of days later I had a charge for insufficient funds. When I called my bank they told me that since it was run through as credit, they can't control this "block" or "overdraft protection" because it's not an immediate charge and it takes a couple of days to clear. So if anyone was to get a hold of your number, they could possibly do the same, which is scary. I agree with Nakie -- it is definitely a lot harder to recoup lost funds from a debit account than it is a credit card account. Please be careful! I would hate for something like that to happen to you... or anyone on here for that matter. :flowers:

Exactly what I was trying to say but you said it so much better :smile:

WAW i havent come across that YET *touch wood* as for the debit / CC its still a visa card if anything Fishy goes on with my account ( even though its visa debit ) im still covered normally just like a proper CC Thank gawd hahah ;)

Online shopping makes Imma go paranoid psycho Mergh!

p.s please note im in Australia so im not sure if this type of account if available worldwide etc ;)

Last edited:
Maianh.. I'm so sorry that this happened to you! PJ definitely needs to increase their security system although this probably apply to online shopping in general.. there's always that chance.. :smile:

Wow, now THAT is scary. I hope everything worked out for you. That really sucks. :flowers:

Do you know if PJ charges you in GBP if they're being shipped to the US? Because when I see the option to change to dollars on the site, it ends up being more expensive from what I can see... or am I just being a complete mathematically-challenged idiot?

they do charge your card in GBP.. :yes: and your bank automatically convert the price with the current conversion rate (GBP to $) so the numerical price in $$ is the price that you pay (minus the VAT).. since 1GBP = $1.5, you'll see higher number in $$..

they do charge your card in GBP.. :yes: and your bank automatically convert the price with the current conversion rate (GBP to $) so the numerical price in $$ is the price that you pay (minus the VAT).. since 1GBP = $1.5, you'll see higher number in $$..

Just wanted to add that the bank or credit card will also charge a conversion fee for the transaction...I think its a percentage of the charge and I think it depends on the bank, although Im not entirely sure how they figure it out. I think my cc charged like $6 for my PJ order.

Just wanted to add that the bank or credit card will also charge a conversion fee for the transaction...I think its a percentage of the charge and I think it depends on the bank, although Im not entirely sure how they figure it out. I think my cc charged like $6 for my PJ order.

American Express charges 2.7%

This charge is anywhere from 1-3%. I get charged 1% from my Visa.

I will never order from Pam Jenkins again. She is very quick to respond to emails when you want to buy some CL's, but she never responds after you pay. She still has not responded to my emails or refunded my credit card. I will only shop at Matches, Browns or NAP for international shopping now.

^^^ mellva - did you return something to pk or did they not have the shoes you purchased in stock?

super late on this thread, but i purchased a pair from pk a week or so ago. no issues. it's weird because i remember trying to order something from her a while back, and my bank automatically declined the purchase. when the bank calls to verify purchases, they also go through the last few charges on the account. well, my account had been hacked. and now that i think about it, i wasn't able to contact my bank until a couple of days later. now it makes me think that maybe they did get my info from the declined pk transaction.

anyway, just being "nancy shoe" :P over here. it was always weird to me that the payment goes to a separate page (although a secure one). also, it's the only overseas merchant that immediately flags my bank.

anywho, i will be keeping an eye on my account even more closely now.

^^^ mellva - did you return something to pk or did they not have the shoes you purchased in stock?

super late on this thread, but i purchased a pair from pk a week or so ago. no issues. it's weird because i remember trying to order something from her a while back, and my bank automatically declined the purchase. when the bank calls to verify purchases, they also go through the last few charges on the account. well, my account had been hacked. and now that i think about it, i wasn't able to contact my bank until a couple of days later. now it makes me think that maybe they did get my info from the declined pk transaction.

anyway, just being "nancy shoe" :P over here. it was always weird to me that the payment goes to a separate page (although a secure one). also, it's the only overseas merchant that immediately flags my bank.

anywho, i will be keeping an eye on my account even more closely now.

Surly I will PM you when I get home later today. I had a similar situation happen with my credit card company. I do not want to post all of the details, because I know Pam reads TPF and I still have not been refunded yet or even heard back from her.

Sorry to hear you ladies have had some problems with PJ. I'm in the UK and recently bought a pair which I sadly had to return. I called up to ask some questions about returns and I'm very polite on the phone - having been in retail myself I try to always understand customer and SA sides. But I actually found her to be quite rude for no reason - I understand returns are annoying but these things happen, right? Unless I cannot find the CL's I want anywhere else I probably won't want to shop from PJ again. Customer service is a deal breaker for me.

Sorry to hear you ladies have had some problems with PJ. I'm in the UK and recently bought a pair which I sadly had to return. I called up to ask some questions about returns and I'm very polite on the phone - having been in retail myself I try to always understand customer and SA sides. But I actually found her to be quite rude for no reason - I understand returns are annoying but these things happen, right? Unless I cannot find the CL's I want anywhere else I probably won't want to shop from PJ again. Customer service is a deal breaker for me.

That's soo true!! I've bought two pairs in the past sadly neither fit one was too small the other too big.. PJ said no returns so I took the hit and luckily for me my foot has kinda grown/swollen so the larger one fits now and I'm thinkn about gifting the smaller one to a dear friend and get her into CLs too! The new Declics were on sale at PJ and with the past CS experience I have had at PJ I decided I'd rather shop else where.