Paint chip on zip of new WOC. What should I do?

Iluvhaute

Nov 29, 2015
IMG_1109.JPG So some of you saw my revel of my new WOC a couple of weeks ago and I'm sad to report the paint is chipping on the zipper that is on the top flap. Ok, I'll admit it's not earth shattering, but still it's chipping and I'm not sure if I should send it back for repair, exchange it or just fix it myself. I just worry about it getting worse over time. It's a tiny chip and hardly noticeable, but again time will tell how it goes. What do you think I should do?

Sorry this has happened to you too, the zip on my new WOC looks the same. It started as a chip but has got a bit worse in the last few weeks. I agree it isn't the end of the world but it is very annoying when I have much cheaper bags that look perfect after years of use. I don't even use that zip often. I'm not sure what to do about mine either, I will probably just fix it myself as I don't want to send it away for repair and I doubt they will swap it. If you do take it back please post an update and I will do the same.

Hi there, This has also happened to me. On my brand new, never worn, M/L classic flap. I bought myself for Christmas. Still haven't worn it I'm so gutted. I made a thread about my experience. I'm hoping to get it fixed in a couple of weeks when I'm next in London.
https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?threads/I-hate-to-make-one-of-these-threads-but.......957785/
I hope the link works.

I would call the place where you purchased it from, and see what they say. That's what I did.

The SA from Harrods I spoke to on the phone wasn't very helpful she basically said, just bring it in. And the manager will decide what happens to it.
I really hope it can be fixed that day, because it costs me a fortune to keep going to London [emoji35]
Good luck with your situation, let us know how it goes.

I'm sorry to hear this. It's sad that there are so many issues like this these days considering the prices just keep going up and up. I think you should at least let Chanel know - even if you end up sorting it yourself. I think it's important for them to hear about quality issues so that they can prevent them happening in the future (and if they don't have any record of faults they won't have any incentive to change). When they charge these sorts of prices they have an obligation to provide a quality product and I think they need to be reminded of this :smile: I hope that it hasn't affected your enjoyment of your lovely bag and you find a way to sort it :smile: