Painful memories, would you sell your H stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry to hear this crochetbella :heart: I've always enjoyed reading your kind and happy posts and I know I'm not alone in that.

There is a lot of good advice here and I agree with Shopmom, go look for that perfect Kelly!! Whether you sell or keep some of your collection it will give you something beautiful and happy to focus on.

*big hug*

I think the best advice is to put the things that are painful to look at away for a while and buy your Kelly...enjoy that thouroughly for a good long time. Then peak at the other things again and if they feel to connected to the past and not your bright future, then clear them out and use all that money to start new and wonderful memories. I hope I have the chance to meet you in the future and help you select some gorgeous new items! Hang in there and keep focusing on how wonderful you are.

I am so sorry you are going through this. i have no better advice than what you've already been given but my thought are with you. i know you come out of this a stronger person even though it might not seem that way. i think the vision of you looking like a million buck wearing your vintage kelly is fantastic! keep seeing it- it's going to come true sooner than you can imagine i'm sure!

dear CB stay strong ,when the hurt and the confusion passes away then decide what you want to do with the bags ,right now you are shocked and confused but the dark clouds will too pass away .take care and remember we will be with you:yes: Be happy

crap -- what a rotten thing to happen to a wonderful person. you've gotten great advice, so i'm not going to spend another moment on the negative . . . let's turn to the future. :yes:

i love your image of you carrying your kelly -- and it may sound like new-age hoo-ha, but i belive visualizing things profoundly increases our ability to make them happen. so tell me about this kelly! size? color? let's paint in the details!!!!

hugs. :heart:

Godspeed, crocehtbella.
Experience is the only real knowledge (Einstein)
Give yourself permission to be kind to yourself.
If you can't give it to yourself,
ask someone dear and safe to you for it.
xoxoxangie

I'm truly sorry Crochet, that you're going through this...I know what it's like... I'll just tell you what I did with the stuff my ex husband gave me: As everyone else has said, you don't need to rush any decision which you may regret when things have cooled down... I ended up by selling certain things, which, as Shopmom rightly said, I didn't really love in the first place. The things I really liked, I've kept, and have no problem in using them.....Big hugs to you my dear:heart:

Thank you all so much! I woke up this morning with a smile on my face for the first time in a month thinking of how many wonderful people out there care about me and are wishing me well. :heart: :heart: :heart:

A-T-G you are so right about the scarves...and the pochettes will look great on my future Kelly! :kiss: Big hugs to you for being there for me and always cheering me up!

Everyone, I feel so blessed to know such a group of wonderful, kind, sweet people. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm sorry you're going through this... I agree with the others about maybe waiting a bit until you're a bit more collected. Sometimes i find putting things away helps for closure, then reassessing your feelings down the road. Here's some long distance flowers for you and a cyber hug :flowers:

Oh, CB. I was wondering where you were because I was missing your posts. I am so sorry to hear that this is happening to such a sweet and wonderful person.

I think I would wait a bit, but definitely use the "equity" of your bags to get your dream kelly when you are ready.

Please take care of yourself. Sending hugs your way!

CB - I am sorry to hear your news. Having gone through a divorce myself, I know how challenging this can be. While I've never met you, I do know you will go through this time in your life with class & grace - it couldn't be any other way for a woman with such fabulous taste! :heart: hNe

Status
Not open for further replies.