Paid for Express Delivery- did not get that.

Summer sunshine

Spent too much......
O.G.
Jun 23, 2012
Hi,
I bought a bag yesterday, approx 14.00, Thursday 10th Sept and was given two delivery price options, £3.99, expected Monday, or £9.99, expected Saturday. I decided to pay for express, rather than wait the whole weekend but I've just received a text to say my DPD delivery will be here Monday. I looked on the DPD website and they quote next day delivery for £8.99. So, I'm a bit annoyed and wondering if it is reasonable for me to request the postage (or at least part) of it back from the seller? The seller is a business, so I assumed the postage price and times would be good. Also, DPD are not reporting any delays in their services at the moment.

Hi,
I bought a bag yesterday, approx 14.00, Thursday 10th Sept and was given two delivery price options, £3.99, expected Monday, or £9.99, expected Saturday. I decided to pay for express, rather than wait the whole weekend but I've just received a text to say my DPD delivery will be here Monday. I looked on the DPD website and they quote next day delivery for £8.99. So, I'm a bit annoyed and wondering if it is reasonable for me to request the postage (or at least part) of it back from the seller? The seller is a business, so I assumed the postage price and times would be good. Also, DPD are not reporting any delays in their services at the moment.
Yes, I think it would be reasonable to contact the seller and query it.

I've just got back from work and have another query about this if anyone can help?

I wrote an email but now doubting whether I should get into any kind of dispute with them prior to receiving the bag, in case there are any issues with it? Should I wait, check that I'm happy with the bag and then ask for a postal refund, or do it now? Looking on the DPD website, it looks like 12.00 is the cut off time for next day delivery, and I got my text at 12.56. Should the seller have contacted me and told me about this? Should they have made it clear that if buying on a Thursday/Friday, next day or Express delivery can not be guaranteed? I don't want to seem petty over a few pounds.

I would wait until you have the bag before getting involved in any disputes. You may end up sending it back anyways.

I just had something similar to this last month. I paid for Priority Mail, but the seller mailed it as Media Mail. Long story short, seller would not refund shipping, so I sent the shoes back. At sellers expense. eBay had to step in and resolve on my behalf since seller would not respond. Good luck!

As it happens, the bag arrived this morning! I'm glad I didn't email yesterday and cause a fuss before receiving it. Thankfully for me I am very happy with my bag, but sorry you have had a bad experience lulu212121

I think you're premature in getting all worked up about something.

Although it sounds as though you're located in the UK, I suspect ebay's delivery time estimates are similar to those in the US.

Estimates given by ebay regarding delivery time are often inaccurate and unless the service used offers a guaranteed "next day or 2-day" delivery, times are merely estimates.

Especially during Covid, delivery can take days longer than "normal" and it's not the seller's fault. Postal service and other couriers are holding on to items before completing shipment.

The seller may well have used the service you believe you paid for but until you receive it and see the shipping label, you don't know.

I think you're premature in getting all worked up about something.

Although it sounds as though you're located in the UK, I suspect ebay's delivery time estimates are similar to those in the US.

Estimates given by ebay regarding delivery time are often inaccurate and unless the service used offers a guaranteed "next day or 2-day" delivery, times are merely estimates.

Especially during Covid, delivery can take days longer than "normal" and it's not the seller's fault. Postal service and other couriers are holding on to items before completing shipment.

The seller may well have used the service you believe you paid for but until you receive it and see the shipping label, you don't know.

Hi,

Thank you, you are right.

I decided to wait and didn't contact the seller. The bag arrived on Saturday. I was very happy and left positive feedback.

I would have deleted this thread if I knew how, or even if I could do that, coz I realise I jumped the gun. However, I did receive a text from DPD saying they would deliver on Monday and I was a bit bummed about that after paying extra to get it earlier.

Thank you for your advice.