Paddy strap in taupe, anyone?

1. I tried on an anthracite paddy with shoulder strap this weekend, and I absolutely FELL IN LOVE. :love: (okay, part of this was due to the lock on the anthra being SO INCREDIBLY LIGHT, but that's beside the point)

Now I'm dying to get a strap for my Taupe paddy, and I'm wondering if anyone is willing to sell one to me? Or knows somewhere I can just purchase the strap on it's own?

Not entirely sure if it's even possible to attach the strap to a paddy purchased without one, does anyone have any idea? Perhaps it'd be best to sell my taupe off and buy a new one :sad:, but the whole selling process scares me. (then again I have been eyeing the aubergine)

What do you all think? Does anyone have a taupe strap lying around that they don't want? Does it even exist? Help?

2. Kip, is yours the regular Paddy satchel? Coz I don't think you can attach a strap to one of those if it isn't originally a strapped Paddy satchel. Those have a buckle on the side of the bag, which acts as the attachment point for the strap. Hmm, lemme see if I can hunt down a pic of said buckle:smile:

ETA: Ok, found a pic.. This is off eBay and it's a yucky fake but this is for illustration purposes only.

3. Oh noooo, I had an inkling that might be the case. Thanks for that Sue.. looks like my options have narrowed to selling my paddy off or waiting til I have the moolah to get a new one. :sad:

Taupe paddys with a strap do exist though? Authentic ones?

4. i never even new chloes ever came w/ straps!! :biggrin: I learn something new everyday on the PF!!!

5. Kip, I'm not sure if the taupe ones ever came with the strap. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I think even if they were made with Straps, it would be very difficult to hunt one down. I don't recall ever seeing one in taupe on any of the online sites. I was trying to think whether Cricket in the UK had any on their website a couple mths ago.. but my memory fails me, alas. If you go to their site now, I think there's less Paddys there than before. I'm pretty sure they had quite a few strapped ones on offer.. just don't remember whether taupe was ever one. I *think* there was a strapped mousse one on there before.

6. Oh darn. I am half tempted to just get the anthracite now.. or just wait for the Chloe to come out with an aubergine with strap. I can see why some people dont like it (I recall someone saying the strap was too long and cumbersome?), but when I slung it over the shoulder diagonally on me it just looked and fitted fabulously. Sighs. Thanks for the info Sue!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice