Package I sent to Singapore is lost! :(

NANI- I am so pleased for you!
I'm telling you, I will not do any more shipping during November or December ever again!
P.S. My daughter's Christmas presents still have not gotten to her..... :sad:

Nani (and everyone else),
I ship to Singapore and Malaysia weekly. I have never had a problem until I sent a package on Nov. 15th carrying many handbags, perhaps $2,000 worth. But on Dec. 3rd (even knowing the Nov. package still hadn't reached her), she ordered another 15 or so bags, which had to be split into 2 packages. Guess what? Those two went missing too. USPS tracking only showed that the packages dispatched from Miami, but that's it. This was the info given all the way up through this past Monday. So basically one package had been missing for 2 months and the other two for 6 weeks. I never had any lost packages before, and now it happens to the same buyer THREE TIMES!

I have been dealing with this buyer for a couple years, she's a very honest woman and I know there was no foul play. In fact, she sent me copies of all emails back and forth with Singpost. I'll tell you, Singpost is SO much more helpful than USPS can ever be. They kept in communication with her every step of the way. Singpost sent emails to her with detailed tracking info, and in fact showed that my Nov. 15th package did arrive in S'pore, but USPS tracking did not (I shipped USPS Express).

Well finally within the last couple days, she has one by one received her packages. I asked her to look at the tracking info on the paper to see where the hold up was. She was blaming USPS, and USPS was blaming S'pore, saying that if it left Miami, than it is in fact in S'pore. Not so sure I believe that.

I have another buyer from S'pore that will ONLY ship FedEx. He ships a larger quantity but less often, so the cost almost evens out with USPS, just a bit higher, comparing one heavy package to several smaller packages.

On top of all of it, my buyer had just lost her baby that she'd been carrying for about 8 months. She had someone else deal with the missing packages with me for several weeks after her loss, but what an ordeal she has been through between the loss of her baby and the loss of her packages.

Does anyone know if USPS takes any financial responsibility if a package isn't received by a certain date if it is shipped Express Mail Int'l? Even if just the shipping cost?

I'm so glad OP!! Shipping was really slow over the holidays--I bought an item from Australia and it took over two weeks for me to get it in South Florida!! But a year ago I bought items from the UK and Japan and I got them in less than a week, go figure!!! Customs is backed up too due to higher security so give your shipments extra time---I was worried until I read that....