Oz

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Anyone ever watch this when it was on HBO? I never caught any of the new episodes, but we used to get HBO On Demand, and they would show episodes there.

It's a series about an experimental cell block in the Oswald Maximum Security Correctional Facility: Level Four called Emerald City and the inmates there. It's narrated by a wheelchair bound inmate named Augustus Hill (played by Harold Perrineau, who's now on the show Lost.)

Sometimes it was a bit too violent for me. (What'd I expect? They're hardened criminals locked up together.)

While one or two episodes were fine, I couldn't take four episodes of prison violence at one time.

Chris Meloni and BD Wong were on the show. (They were Chris Keller and Father Ray Mukada, respectively. They are also Detective Stabler and Dr. George Huang on SVU.)

I also liked Ryan O'Reily played by Dean Winters. He was also Carrie's **** Buddy on Sex and the City. He was Detective Brian Cassidy on SVU and when he left Ice T came in as Detective Fin.

(Chris Meloni and Dean Winters are hot!)

Chris Keller: Hey, I'm gonna see you today, right?
Sister Pete: Three o'clock, visiting one of your ex-wives.
Chris Keller: Yeah.
Sister Pete: Which one? Kitty or Angelique?
Chris Keller: Bonnie, wife number 2 and number 4, she's the best.

Murphy: Gentlemen, this room here is the, uh, computer room. Call me crazy, but I think when I see people in this room, they should be using computers. But you three aren't, which leads me to guess, you know, 'cause I'm such a bright fella, that you're here for a different reason. Now forgive me for being distrustful, that probably means you're up to no good.
[Guerra and Hernandez get up to leave]
Murphy: That's right, take a hike. Let's go. You too, Simon.
Simon Adebisi: I am using the computer.
Murphy: Ah. Well, can I give you one little small suggestion? Turn it on.

My favorite storyline was the one about Shirley Bellinger. She was Oz's first female inmate, imprisoned for drowning her children.

She was sentenced to Death Row, but it was later discovered she was pregnant, and not sane enough to face the death penalty.

Something happened to the pregnancy (I'm still not clear about it), and it was decided she was sane enough to be put to death. She was hanged the first episode of the fourth season.

It wasn't the crime that made me fascinated with her. It wasn't the fact that she was the first female inmate in Oz, although that was part of it. It was that she acted like a polite Southern Belle, when underneath she was so deeply disturbed.