Overwhelmed!!

minimom

May 5, 2015
i Used to own several BV bags, but sold most when we moved out of the US. Now that we are back I would like to add one or two. I much prefer the older styles and am trying to decide between the 3 bags below.
Any thoughts on which would be the most versatile. Love the parachute in Baralo, the Garda in Quetsche, and the bronze color and the hardware on the loop bag.
IMG_1427.jpegIMG_1418.jpeg

IMG_1423.jpeg

Hmm, tough decision. They’re all such great, timeless pieces. I think the most versatile is the Garda only because you can truly wear it over the shoulder, whereas with the Parachute, it’s not really a shoulder bag. Unless of course you are tiny (or smaller than me :lol: but I think it’s a bit harder to wear with a coat). Quetsche is also a pretty cool colour. I really like the Loop Hobo, I think the intrecciato detailed rings are a nice touch and dress up the bag a little bit. I’ve never owned a Parachute but I think the very square shaped bottom makes it stick out more when wearing on the shoulder. Kind of like what people used to say about the Sloane. Which bags did you have, and out of the ones you really liked and wore a lot, are most similar to these three?
But honestly, I don’t think you could go wrong with any of those three. I would be thrilled to have any of them in my collection. :flowers:

They're all gorgeous! If I could choose only one, it would be between the Garda and the Loop bags. The Parachute is lovely and I love Barolo, but it seems better suited for colder months. I would probably wear the other colors year round. Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: jbags07 and minimom
I’ve owned all three and can share my observations:

Parachute: I think it’s one of BV’s most architectural bags. That and its capacity were the big draws for me. I found the rolled strap unforgiving and, the second strap could roll off. It’s also quite wide so when carried on the shoulder it sticks out quite a bit. But it’s so flippin’ chic!! I think of the Parachute as a lovely alternative to the small Cabat.

Loop Hobo: the image you provide looks like the larger size. It’s got good capacity and it’s not an abyss. The hardware makes the bag heavier and there is a wee bit of clanging of the metal rings. It’s an upscale hobo. I don’t love the hardware with summery clothes.

Garda: one of my favorite BV designs and the only one of the three I have left. I use it when I want a dressier everyday bag. Its proportion works well with dresses as well as thick coats. The strap is comfortable and the bag is lightweight. The drawbacks are the strap can twist and the Brunito hardware rings can get scratched from the friction.

All three can go casual or dressy. Of the three I’d say the Garda is the most versatile and timeless with the Parachute a close second.

Last edited:
Hmm, tough decision. They’re all such great, timeless pieces. I think the most versatile is the Garda only because you can truly wear it over the shoulder, whereas with the Parachute, it’s not really a shoulder bag. Unless of course you are tiny (or smaller than me :lol: but I think it’s a bit harder to wear with a coat). Quetsche is also a pretty cool colour. I really like the Loop Hobo, I think the intrecciato detailed rings are a nice touch and dress up the bag a little bit. I’ve never owned a Parachute but I think the very square shaped bottom makes it stick out more when wearing on the shoulder. Kind of like what people used to say about the Sloane. Which bags did you have, and out of the ones you really liked and wore a lot, are most similar to these three?
But honestly, I don’t think you could go wrong with any of those three. I would be thrilled to have any of them in my collection. :flowers:
I have a very well used large Nero Campana and a Noce Sloane.

Reactions: jbags07
I love all 3 bags — you have great taste. You really can’t go wrong with any of them. If i had to choose only 1, it would be the Garda. I love this style, its practical, versatile, and beautiful. Quetsche is a fabulous color too.

The bronze Loop is beautiful and versatile too. And so is the Barolo Parachute. I was surprised when i bought my first Barolo bag how it goes with so much, its not as neutral as the other 2 bags, but will go with so many outfits.

Let us know which one you choose! Its a tough choice.

Reactions: minimom
I have gone to the dark side and bought a Loewe Medium Puzzle bag and now I’m looking at a medium size Piazza bag in Quetsche or a small Loop in a very dark blue. I’m trying to somewhat rebuild my bag collection while keeping it at a minimum.
We forgive you b/c the Puzzle is :heart: :heart: :heart:
A perfect addition to your new collection.
Piazza and Loop are very different bags, but both are fantastic. Let us know which one you choose!

Last edited:
  • Love
I have three medium Puzzle bags. BV may be my favorite brand, but I'll never part with my Puzzles.
I love the look of them, but i have not purchased any b/c i am a huge Speedy fan and i keep buying Speedys instead, to fill that style need (to me they are very similar even tho different). I am bummed now tho they are discontinued. Why on earth did they do that?!

Reactions: Evergreen602
I love the look of them, but i have not purchased any b/c i am a huge Speedy fan and i keep buying Speedys instead, to fill that style need (to me they are very similar even tho different). I am bummed now tho they are discontinued. Why on earth did they do that?!
There is a lot of discussion about it in the Loewe subforum. But I think it's a bad move to discontinue the classic calfskin and grained leather versions in the classic colors, at a minimum.

The Puzzle is similar to the Speedy in terms of function, but I think it can be worn more ways (at least the medium can with the D ring at the base of the bag). To me, they are very different aesthetically. I think it's worth owning at least one Puzzle if you are a fan. I'm still considering a Speedy for myself - probably monogram because the only other canvas bag in my collection is my small Bluebell Burberry Eden from 2005.

Reactions: minimom and jbags07
There is a lot of discussion about it in the Loewe subforum. But I think it's a bad move to discontinue the classic calfskin and grained leather versions in the classic colors, at a minimum.

The Puzzle is similar to the Speedy in terms of function, but I think it can be worn more ways (at least the medium can with the D ring at the base of the bag). To me, they are very different aesthetically. I think it's worth owning at least one Puzzle if you are a fan. I'm still considering a Speedy for myself - probably monogram because the only other canvas bag in my collection is my small Bluebell Burberry Eden from 2005.
I agree its a bad move. Its such a classic, and very surprising they are doing this. I can always pick one up resale but wanted to get one new. I love the minis too. I am trying to be more careful about what i add, and i really don’t need a small or medium puzzle— i have like 9? Speedys, and i would reach for them every time (i don’t do shoulder carry). So the mini for crossbody would be the way to go. Wish i had a boutique nearby where i could see/touch/try them out b/c the small or medium might ring my bell!

So…..If u only add 1 Speedy the classic monogram would be the way to go. I know people say its outdated, but imo its a classic. I just love it. Love it. I have mono speedys in nano, 20, 25B, and 30, lol. I want to buy a decent preloved 30 and have my dogs painted onto it.

For spring/summer tho, Damier Azur is such a beautiful choice too! Ok i vote u add 2 Speedys :lol:

I see it’s too late for me to chime in but that Parachute is a great deal if it’s truly “like new”. Parachute is my favorite BV - I have 4 now and use them a lot. I also have the chain loop and that’s a great bag as well but I think it may be calf-skin and the chain does make it heavy. The Garda is my least favorite with the fussy straps and awkward shape.

I’ve owned all three bags and the Garda is the only one I’ve kept. The rolled straps of the parachute were really uncomfortable, while the loop bag (medium size) had a tendency to gape and I was constantly worried that my stuff would fall out.