Overheard Hermès

Recently at Hermès:

My SA offered me my dream quota bag after one year waiting.

I’m freaking out and trying it on in a mirror (no private room). As I’m soaking up the glory and trying different poses, I overhear an SA providing an overview of bags to a newbie:

SA: and this is a Birkin 35 in blue jean with palladium hardware.

New client: oooo this is nice. But I was thinking I need a smaller one with a pink or brown or grey..

**client notices my Gris Meyer B35 bag and runs over**

Client: oh my god! That’s an amazing bag. Are you taking it?

Me: uh…I mean…

Client: because if you don’t I will

Me: lol, sure you will

Recently at Hermès:

My SA offered me my dream quota bag after one year waiting.

I’m freaking out and trying it on in a mirror (no private room). As I’m soaking up the glory and trying different poses, I overhear an SA providing an overview of bags to a newbie:

SA: and this is a Birkin 35 in blue jean with palladium hardware.

New client: oooo this is nice. But I was thinking I need a smaller one with a pink or brown or grey..

**client notices my Gris Meyer B35 bag and runs over**

Client: oh my god! That’s an amazing bag. Are you taking it?

Me: uh…I mean…

Client: because if you don’t I will

Me: lol, sure you will
LOL. I wonder what her SA thought of this interaction? 😂

Reactions: iseebearbears
Recently H in Madrid:

As I am browsing jewelry, a local lady is having an unsavory meltdown

Local: skips 3 hour line and asks where are the bags
sa: ma’am we currently do not have any at this moment (another LOL moment for me for the poor local lady being trolled)

Local: but your a leather store
Sa: yes and we also sell other items

Local: when will you get bags? How will I know
Sa: you can always check again tomorrow

Local: come here? Again?
Sa: yes maam. We receiving shipments regularly and sometimes daily

Local: tell me what you are getting tomorrow
Sa: I’m sorry we do not know what we are receiving until it is here

Local: what!!!! What do you mean. How could you not know
Sa: for security reasons they never inform us when an item will come in, please check again daily snd we may have bags

Local: @&);)$&@-:sad:&” about to cry storms off visibly red and mad

Now near me, a lady is looking at a Kelly and at a crossbody large Evelyne.

Directly heard at H:

I went in to browse and to see the dif in sizes between the 24/24 21 and 24/24 29 for travel, fyi was told there is a 3+ hour wait to be helped LOLLLLLLLL

As I was leaving, the gentleman at the door gives me a once over and asks me: can I help you with a leather appointment right away, as we have received bags today. I thank him and politely decline. Buahaha only happens when I’m NOT shopping and my family is waiting outside texting me to hurry up.

A guy talking to DH ( I overheard while I was in the dressing room)

Guy 1: I admire how you voiced your opinion (that the jacket didn’t fit on me when I came out to show him)
DH: I’ve had a lot of practice shopping
Guy 1: Me too, but for many years, just a lot of ties, pocket squares.
DH: what bank?
Guy 1: JP Morgan Chase, ___ (specialty )
(Then the conversation continued about specifics)

Client is trying on a pair of sandals while friend is looking on and not shopping.

Client (in an affected voice): I need these for Pooolooo. Aren’t these PERfect for Pooolooo?

Friend: oh yes lovely mmm.

Client continues to prance around in sandals for the next ten minutes talking about sandals being for polo. Client is shown some other items but doesn’t bite and continues to prance around in sandals. H staff member offers Client a refreshment.

Client (in continued affected voice): yes I’ll take one and also could you offer my friend one too?

Client continues to prance around in sandals talking about polo.

(Be forewarned if I see similar annoying pretentious behavior I will post about you here unashamedly.)

Client is trying on a pair of sandals while friend is looking on and not shopping.

Client (in an affected voice): I need these for Pooolooo. Aren’t these PERfect for Pooolooo?

Client continues to prance around in sandals for the next ten minutes talking about sandals being for polo. Client is shown some other items but doesn’t bite and continues to prance around in sandals. H staff member offers Client a refreshment.

Client (in continued affected voice): yes I’ll take one and also could you offer my friend one too?

(Be forewarned if I see similar annoying pretentious behavior I will post about you here unashamedly.)
sandals for pooolooo? You sure she wasnt saying pool in a super affected way?

Benefit of the doubt: Could the client have been talking about Ralph Lauren’s Polo clothing line?

Benefit of the doubt: Could the client have been talking about Ralph Lauren’s Polo clothing line?
Pretty sure she was referring to polo games given the affectation and time of year. It’s funny because in the area we live it’s really not a thing. There is a significant equestrian presence here but not in pooloooo. She should go down to Florida.

a woman who seemed to be shopping at H for the first time when approached by an available SA after a short while of waiting: hi, I'm interested in Birkins and Kellys, and I know I can't just walk in and buy one. I've heard you need a specific appointment? how does it work?

SA: here you don't need a leather appointment. we just note down your wishes, build a relationship, and that's all there is to it, really.

woman: great, thanks, shall we start?

refreshingly practical approach.