Overheard Hermès

Perhaps less "overheard" than indirectly involved: In the autumn, I was wearing one of my beloved "Draperie" shawls (double-sided, but each a solid colour cashmere shawl) and another customer interrupted my SA and me "I'm looking for something like this", her index finger darting towards me, "only from Hermès". My SA looked confused for a moment and replied as, well - surprised -, as I was "Madame, that is from Hermès." She: "But nobody can see that!" He calmly: "Madame, it's Hermès, one notices it by the quality of the cashmere." She indignantly, already turning away: "What do I need Hermès for if you can't see it!" :confused1:

It’s all very good until it takes an hour to pay for a bag/ some RTW every time I shop…
No notice just decline…
Then there’s no direct line to the fraud prevention team for efficient ID verification so you have to go through phone banking waiting for 30+ min then getting transferred between departments verifying details after details…
Then on Tuesday after all that my card still declined because there was a second, even higher level block that the first person didn’t remove…(I had already been transferred from general fraud prevention to high level fraud prevention…)
In the end I dragged my 8 year old who was already close to breaking point to a near by branch in person to have this block removed…‍♀
Sorry this happens to you.
This has happened frequently to me/DH (with one bank card in particular) especially when making fine jewelry purchases. We have found it is possible to by-pass a long wait time by calling the "card lost or stolen" number on the back of the card. These calls seem to get through immediately - then we just calmly explain the "real" problem with the card decline (rather than it being lost or stolen) and the cc rep has always immediately addressed the problem. Sneaky & unethical perhaps - but it always seems to happen when we're outside of NA (even though we notify the cc co in advance we will be out of the country but it seems to do no good...) and so the time zone change only adds to the problem if using the usual number....

Happens very frequently. I don't know how many times I see a woman chatting with an SA holding a box while there are men walking around on a cell phone in the basement of Madison Ave. I've been the one pacing once and I can guarantee most are calls to banks to get past the security fraud detection.

Lolol! I would be overheard at H frequently handing my card to my SA and saying, “Well, let’s give this one a try!”

Perhaps less "overheard" than indirectly involved: In the autumn, I was wearing one of my beloved "Draperie" shawls (double-sided, but each a solid colour cashmere shawl) and another customer interrupted my SA and me "I'm looking for something like this", her index finger darting towards me, "only from Hermès". My SA looked confused for a moment and replied as, well - surprised -, as I was "Madame, that is from Hermès." She: "But nobody can see that!" He calmly: "Madame, it's Hermès, one notices it by the quality of the cashmere." She indignantly, already turning away: "What do I need Hermès for if you can't see it!" :confused1:
This is why sales are brisk for those faux cashmere fake Hermes shawls which have the logo emblazoned large all over. Some people desperately need to flaunt it.

Lastly, two women very rudely demanded champagne, and asked repeatedly where it was. The SA kept assuring them it was on its way. I rarely go to the boutique and never stay long. The SAs are always very courteous, but the customers are something else.

I am really surprised at how rude other customers can be. I like spending time with my SAs, and I’m very friendly with them. I won’t buy anything unless its also an enjoyable and relaxing social experience. Maybe that’s bc none of my IRL friends, even those that are quite wealthy, seem to value luxury goods or like to spend time shopping

I remember speaking to my bank about it the first time it declined… they said they can’t do it as it’s automatically flagged and blocked
I've been thinking about this. Maybe you can check what is the tipping point. If it's a dollar value, you could request for it to be increased. But if the fraud prevention algorithm is more sophisticated and based on your spending pattern, then an H bag is going to be an unavoidable blip on your chart. Try squeezing a phone number out of them that you can dial for faster service?

I've been thinking about this. Maybe you can check what is the tipping point. If it's a dollar value, you could request for it to be increased. But if the fraud prevention algorithm is more sophisticated and based on your spending pattern, then an H bag is going to be an unavoidable blip on your chart. Try squeezing a phone number out of them that you can dial for faster service?
I think after the Xmas holidays I’m going to go into a brainchild and speak on this… £1000+ purchase is usually ok but when it gets to RTW or. Bags it’s just too stressful ‍♀️

Overheard at the scarf counter during the Christmas rush: one gentleman had just bought a neutral cw of a CSGM. He mentioned to me that he had bought the same shawl for his wife a few days, and his MIL had admired it so much that he felt obliged to buy the same shawl for her for Christmas. While waiting for it to be wrapped, another gentleman drifted over, seeking a Christmas gift for his wife. Gent #1 strongly recommended his choice. I was much amused to hear them discussing how neutral cw CSGMs were always a safe choice that the ladies will love.

Overheard at the scarf counter during the Christmas rush: one gentleman had just bought a neutral cw of a CSGM. He mentioned to me that he had bought the same shawl for his wife a few days, and his MIL had admired it so much that he felt obliged to buy the same shawl for her for Christmas. While waiting for it to be wrapped, another gentleman drifted over, seeking a Christmas gift for his wife. Gent #1 strongly recommended his choice. I was much amused to hear them discussing how neutral cw CSGMs were always a safe choice that the ladies will love.

This made me smile :heart: how sweet of them . If it had happened to me ( Gent#2 being my husband ) I would've wished they had that discussion at the leather department instead.

Does overheard at Hermes Sale count for this thread?

The first time I went to a sale, I queued for payment behind a lady from Hongkong. There were limits to the number of items you could buy from each category. She was bitter and angry that she was limited to 20 pieces of RTW and complained long and loud to her husband who remained stoic and silent. I've often wondered if she was a reseller because I thought 20 pieces of RTW was plenty. She must have been ecstatic in subsequent years because the limits remained for every category except RTW; you could buy as many pieces of RTW as your heart or credit card could desire.

This is a story that one of my CAs (not my Hermes CA) told me yesterday.

Apparently there was a well known client who used to shop at SCP very often a little while back.
She was a regular at Hermes.

One day apparently she didn't get the service/treatment that she felt she deserved and so she had a fit in the Hermes store, and threw her Birkin into the trash in front of everyone! :shocked:

Apparently Hermes gave her a new bag (though I find that hard to believe) but that's coming from my CA lol.

All I have to say, is, poor birkin :sad:, it didn't deserve that. :-s

This is a story that one of my CAs (not my Hermes CA) told me yesterday.

Apparently there was a well known client who used to shop at SCP very often a little while back.
She was a regular at Hermes.

One day apparently she didn't get the service/treatment that she felt she deserved and so she had a fit in the Hermes store, and threw her Birkin into the trash in front of everyone! :shocked:

Apparently Hermes gave her a new bag (though I find that hard to believe) but that's coming from my CA lol.

All I have to say, is, poor birkin :sad:, it didn't deserve that. :-s

was the well known client/celebrity named? Lol sorry I live for this stuff:yucky: