Over a week for an PayPal instant transfer to go through?

kirsten

O.G.
May 9, 2006
I paid a seller on 11/21 via PayPal. It was through instant transfer and would be taken from my confirmed bank account. The money still has not been withdrawn from my bank account. Is that kind of unusual to take this long? I have paid this way many times and it usually takes 2-3 days to be withdrawn from my account. I emailed the seller and they confirmed they have received the money. When I look at my PayPal activities it shows it as being completed. I am doing a payment plan on the bag so the seller has not shipped yet, as I have one more payment to make. This is my first transaction buying a bag from another country. The seller is in HK. Could this be part of the hold up? Has anyone else experienced a week long plus wait for their funds to be withdrawn from an instant transfer? It’s really not so instant after all. :s

The same thing happened to me over Thanksgiving. I did a BIN on Thanksgiving day and haven't heard from the seller. I emailed her yesterday to see if the bag was sent and she said that she was waiting for payment to clear and that it did clear yesterday. That's 1 week after I paid. It's very strange but like lovemyangels stated, it may be due to the holiday.