Outremer rh city VS Canard Velo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannkat

Mar 30, 2007
I can only pick one.....which should I get???? I'm afraid outremer is too pop whereas canard is safer but to complicate matter, I've got a officier city. Confused and torn:confused1::confused1:

I'll post some comparison shots between my officier gsh city and canard velo later as I'm not home.

Last edited:
Thanks ruirui always come to my rescue. I do agree that canard gsh is the best combo but too bad velo does not has gsh. I love outremer but just afraid it's not easy to go with my wardrobe.

Why r u confused. Sorry I haven't been frequent here very often.

My officier gsh city and canard velo:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• velo.jpg
    velo.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,299
  • velo2.jpg
    velo2.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 458
  • velo4.jpg
    velo4.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 390
Hi dear dannkat, thank you so much for your comparison pics! You got the velo, or still thinking about which to get?
I love cyclade, canard and outremer, just as you said outremer might be too pop, hard to match, maybe it's a good choice for small leather good?
Canard with gsh looks unique, I want to get something gsh , but the sa told me gsh pt is heavy, should I get it? Or the gsh city or the envelope? But I don't have many chances to use envelope.
When I see the pics you post about cyclade twiggy, I think it's not too bright. Tokyo got two cyclade, I think it's so cute! I hope it won't be dirty easily and won't become yellow or other color, but I am not sure.
You know rh is much cheaper than gsh one, so I have to think about it so many times and make a decision. I saw the pics of celebrities with b bags, Beyonce with a outremer day, Imo I don't love the purple tone of it, of course I think the pics are taken with flash. I don't know what's your opinion about other colors this season.I think montarde and olive are also cute. Ahh I hope I don't have so many choices!

I think that they are both different bags - stylewise - one is a City and one is a Velo. There are certainly room for both of them in your collection. If you love your Officier City I would get the Canard Velo in another color you don't have - perhaps Anthracite, Moutarde or Olive. I am getting an Olive Day and a Canard Velo both with classic hardware this season. I also have a Sunday Medium Tote Outremer and find that the color actualy goes with alot. You need to decide which color works for you. I for one am getting the Canard Velo w/RH you have pictured. That is the one I love. The City does not work for me and I have been looking forward to Canard Velo so much.

If it's having things too much in the same in the same colour family that concerns you, then the Outremer is the way to go.

If it's style of Bbag that's most important for you, then Velo is sufficiently different from your City for you to purchase it.

ruirui, thanks for responding to my thread.

The velo comparison pic was taken in the boutique.

Unfortunately, classic styles like city, pt and work outremer were completely snapped up in my country thus i didn't take any comparison shots here.

I have a chance to get a outremer rh city through mail order but I can't exchange or return if I don't like it. That's the reason why I'm in dilemma. I did try my luck on outremer SLG but OOS too. The color indeed is too pop but my dressing are mostly dark or dull color so I hope the color of my bag can brighten up my outfit. I know my words are very contradicting but at this moment, I still can't make up my fickle mind and i have to place an order real soon.

Canard in GSH is awesome, just like my officier gsh city:blush:. I just love the bling factor on dark colored bags. You've got a very honest SA to warn you on the weight issue. Yes, it's really really heavy. Rh bags are feather light. I almost returned my officier (bought locally) due to its weight but my best friend complimented it hence i changed my mind. She also teased me that my gsh city is not my only bag. I can always use my other light weight bags:P

PT is bigger than city and i tend to load it up. The weight of the bag (gsh) + my stuff weigh a ton! I couldn't take it and sold it off. Weight wise if both bags, gsh pt and city are empty, they are about the same. If u intend to lug a lot of things, you've your tempete rh work to fall back on. No point getting an envelope if you have no chance to use it, unless u have some spare cash:biggrin:

Cyclade is not bright at all. Of cos is brighter than tempete. Outremer is the brightest:nuts: Yes, u need to baby it though. Whether it will turn yellowish is too early to tell. You can put some UV proctectant to prevent it.

Yes, rh is cheaper and lighter but gsh is TDF:graucho: Just get one (if $ is not an issue), move on and be happy. If u find it heavy, you still have other rh bags to fall on and keep gsh bag for occasional use.

I love this season color especially sang, sorbet, cyclade and outremer. Too bad I'm not a fan of yellow and green. Perhaps on SLG it's still ok:biggrin:

Please let me know what's your decision and reveal here for us to drool:drool: Good luck:hugs:

Last edited:
Liz, I can't get an anthra velo at this moment..... Not a fan of yellow and green due to my skin tone. City does work for me but I don't mind trying new velo style. Now is the question of which color to get. If i get outremer, I'm afraid it's too pop. If i get canard, it's quite close to my officier color though they are different. Thanks for analyzing all the facts here. I still can't make up my mind!!!! I'm going insane:graucho:

Hi, skyblueday.... same color family does concern me but not the style even though i don't mind trying my hands on VELO. It looks incredibly useful and different from my current city.

HAHAHA!!! Still obsessing? Weight-wise, RH City and Velo are probably the same. So just need to think about the colour that you like AND you would wear.

I think Outremer RH City might be nicer but if you think about future, then perhaps Canard Velo is safer. All you need is for a Sang RH City or RH Velo to pop up, then don't need to think so much and just grab the Sang.

Did you check again? Maybe Outremer RH City is sold? Since it is a popular colour this season.

Oh dear....u found me here..... yes still can't decide. I just called and outremer city is still avialable but SA is off today thus can't proceed with our order.

Will have to wait till tomorrow and I have 1 more day to ponder on:roflmfao:

Tomorrow is the weekend (or Friday over there), I don't think they'll work. Might as well proceed on Monday. Gives you MORE time to think... :P

Hmm, I'm tempted by an Olive GSH Day now, after what LizCordova posted... Anyway, back to your dilemma.

MichK posted mod pics of her Canard Velo in the Mar/Apr purchases, so you can go and take a look.

I think most of your bags are dark? So perhaps Outremer would be the better choice? But have to ask yourself, do you think you'll use it or will it end up sitting in your closet?

Dear dannkat, you are so sweet, sooo kind! Each time you reply to me always makes me want to give you a hug! You are a honest and friendly friend for me!
Thank you so much for your suggestions for me! Most of my clothes are also dark color, I know the pop colors will match dark clothes well.
IMO you are so lucky to go to the bontique IRL, there's no bontique in my city, so the Tpf is the best place for me to get the info. I have to say thank you again for your comparison pics! They are so sweet! Love your officier too!
I think one gh bag might be enough, rh is more classic.
Ok, I am waiting for your new bag and mine, let's consider that again and make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.