Outlaw Prophet: Warren Jeffs - Lifetime

I did, too. I used to watch Breaking the Faith and Escaping the Prophet when they were on TLC, so I was interested in checking this movie out.

I knew he banned a lot of things (the color red, dancing ...) but I didn't know about the dogs.

That scene shocked me.

At one point during Escaping the Prophet, Flora Jessup mentions listening to recordings of Warren Jeffs with his child brides. I did some research and found transcripts, as well as actual audio (I didn't listen to the audio).

Watching the scenes with him and his wives reminded me of those tapes. The scenes in the movie are almost exactly what the tapes were: Jeffs instructing his wives how to please him and each other.

He deserves his life sentence and more.

I did, too. I used to watch Breaking the Faith and Escaping the Prophet when they were on TLC, so I was interested in checking this movie out.

I knew he banned a lot of things (the color red, dancing ...) but I didn't know about the dogs.

That scene shocked me.

At one point during Escaping the Prophet, Flora Jessup mentions listening to recordings of Warren Jeffs with his child brides. I did some research and found transcripts, as well as actual audio (I didn't listen to the audio).

Watching the scenes with him and his wives reminded me of those tapes. The scenes in the movie are almost exactly what the tapes were: Jeffs instructing his wives how to please him and each other.

He deserves his life sentence and more.

He lusted after his father's young wife and was basically a pedophile.

When he reassigned the wives I was like what??? These women are nothing but a bunch of property. And the banning/killing of the dogs...shakes head.

I know. When he banned the intended choice for prophet, part of me wanted him to take his wives and children and leave. But I knew that was not going to happen.

I don't like the system they're living under, but I felt bad for him (and his wives and children) because they were being forcibly separated from each other.

Finally watched this. SMH, creepy movie.

I did crack up laughing at the scene where he is in the car eating his salad as the cop is asking him what his name is. I wonder if that really happened.