Outgrowing (formerly) favourite brands - has it happened to you?

Bath and Body Works --> L'Occitaine.
Victoria Secret --> Custom pieces
Armani Collezioni --> I don't think the quality in the modern lines has held up.
Tiffany & Co. --> I still love their home pieces, and gift items. But the jewelry doesn't excite me.
Department Stores - I used to love Macy's, Bloomies, Nieman Marcus. Now, I'll still shop Nordies for the brands I can't get locally - but other than that, it's local or not at all.
Fountain pens - Used to be crazy about MB - but I now look for some of the less obvious brands.
Handbags - Prada, Gucci, Dior, Tokidoki --> Shop my closet.
The only bag I used to carry that I still do with any frequency is Bottega Veneta

Clothes: BCBG (is it just me or is the quality really poor nowadays?), designer denim in general (I don't really wear jeans now, but went through a huge designer denim phase), Banana Republic (will still shop there for basics, but that's about it)

Shoes: BCBG Girls, Nine West (transitioned to designer shoes, though I will buy a cute pair of inexpensive flats now and again)

Handbags: Kate Spade, Coach (more the logoed pieces than anything else. The leather bags can be nice). I tend to buy low-mid range bags (Marc by Marc Jacobs, Furla, etc). When my budget allows it, I'm all about Marc Jacobs bags!

Clothing: Theory (most of them are now too large even the smallest sizes), BCBG - quality is very lacking. Most of my wardrobe is now from HB which makes my clothing decisions in the mornings easier.
Jackets/Coats: Kenneth Cole => HB and Burberry

I haven't really outgrown any brands in the sense that I'm now too old for them. I have always shopped at mainstream mall-type places and my style hasn't changed much over the years. I've been going to the Gap, Limited, and Banana Republic since I was a teenager in the '80s and I still shop there occasionally for low-priced basics.

But now that I'm a bit older, I have added to my shopping repertoire by buying "contemporary" brands at stores like NM and Barneys. I'm buying fewer pieces but of higher-quality these days.

Unfortunately,I'm getting the same way. Express has held up for me. As for forever21 not so much. I think I'm realizing that I need to let the junior department go. Although they still have my size (somewhat thing tend to be cut short) I have out grown some of the styles and quality. Sadly, my wallets maturity has reached my style maturity.

i went through a period where i ran into the opposite issue - i was desperately trying to abandon the junior department, but the regular RTW sections didn't stock anything small enough . . . thank goodness i found an excellent tailor, and herve leger! :P

Pinkdancer - totally went thru the same thing on BCBG, and i totally remember back around 2004-2005 i used to get SO EXCITED to see the new designer denim styles . . . at this point, i've found the handful of cuts that work for me, and it's all replacement shopping, if anything

Vintage Leather - hallelujah for fine custom lingerie! tehe (^(oo)~)

shoulderache - i know what you mean . . . i'm still trying to piece together the process through which i evolved from "forever21 is ok for clubbing because i don't have to worry about ruining it" to "if someone spills something on my herve leger there is going to be one violent little piggy in here" :lol:

a few more that i noticed as i continued my spring cleaning today:

lingerie: victoria's secret :: agent provocateur & coterie rouge (naturally! ;))
jewelry: piaget :: van cleef & arpels
skincare: neutrogena :: dior & la mer
hand soap & lotion: bath & body works/victoria's secret :: molton brown
bedding: bloomingdale's :: ploh (which i discovered when i stripped down the bed at the mandarin oriental to figure out how it could be so darn comfy . . . now i refer to my bed as "piggy's soft, fluffy sleeping cloud")

Yes, this happens all of the time! My husband says I'm fickle, but I consider it "creative growth."

apparel: MBMJ, Nanette Lepore
handbags: Prada, Balenciaga
shoes: Manolo Blanik, Jimmy Choo

Perfumes and cosmetics... I still use them but I don't feel like trying new stuff these days. I stick to what's been good to me.

Used to love loafers. Now more into boots.

Apparel in bright colors. Now into black(99%) or neutral colors.

Sorry my list is not about brand name...

I think for me, I have spent a good deal of money on certain things... so even if I don't still LOVE them like I did before, I am going to find a way to get use out of them. Maybe I won't buy the exact same thing again, but esp with clothes, there are all kinds of way to mix stuff up and make them different.