Outfit advice/help for a wedding!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello everyone! :smile:

I'm new to these forums! I found it by looking up the question I'm going to ask via google and was directed here, lol

I need some help making an outfit for a wedding! I have a dress I want and sort of an idea for accessories but I'm just not sure! The color of the dress is a color I've never worn before, but I adore it!

Here is some more info about the wedding:

It's a night time wedding in Oct. and it's being held at a fancy country club. The wedding's colors are Black and Red (not sure if this matters much, but I get asked about that when I'm looking for help, lol)

Here is the dress I'd like to wear.. hopefully it's appropriate enough?
    [​IMG]

I was thinking about pairing it with this clutch:
    [​IMG]

But I'm lost for shoes (colors, styles, height) and I can't seem to find a nice wrap or shawl. :huh:

I'm worried the outfit might not be appropriate enough. Or the silver clutch might make it too childish? :shrugs: I'm torn between silver accessories or black. Any ideas? help please!!

And a little info about me, I'm 23 years old and I'm 5 feet 5 inches tall. And I'm fairly ignorant about these little details :sad:

Thank you soooo much! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

2. I think the dress cut/shape is appropriate, however the color is a little spring-time/day-time to me...Since it is a night-time wedding, perhaps you could go with something a little darker? Maybe a navy, or a darker green or an aubergine?

If the neckline of the dress is that high, you might just want to stick with nice earrings and a simple bracelet for jewelry. I don't know what your taste is, but pearls or diamond studs are always a nice bet. You could go for a dangly, longer pair as well.

I think the clutch is fine. And since you are wearing silver accessories I would also stick with silver shoes...I personally am a little more on the matchy-matchy side but a lot of TPFers might disagree with the color-matching. For the shoes, look for something more delicate and feminine since I don't think your dress calls for anything too crazy.

One of my all-time favorite evening dress shoe is the Manolo Blahnik Sedaraby d'Orsay:
    http://www.barneys.com/Sedaraby/155027198,default,pd.html

3. ^yep, the dress is lovely, but it is a little light for a fall wedding. go for a darker shade, and the clutch would be super cute with it!

4. I like the dress, too. However, I'd go for a deeper color, jewel tone perhaps.

5. I'm definitely with everyone else on this one. Adorable dress, just a tad spring- ish. A jewel tone or darker color would be fab.

But if you do end up wearing it, I think silver shoes would be fine.

6. ****.... send the same message twice... sorry ~~ don't know how to delete one...

7. I absolutely love the dress but I think it would be a bit light indeed!

8. beautiful dresses.

9. Pretty dress, but I agree with everyone else, not an appropriate color for a fall/ evening wedding. Get a darker color.