Outfit advice/help for a wedding!

cupanoodle

Oct 5, 2010
Hello everyone! :smile:

I'm new to these forums! I found it by looking up the question I'm going to ask via google and was directed here, lol

I need some help making an outfit for a wedding! I have a dress I want and sort of an idea for accessories but I'm just not sure! The color of the dress is a color I've never worn before, but I adore it!

Here is some more info about the wedding:

It's a night time wedding in Oct. and it's being held at a fancy country club. The wedding's colors are Black and Red (not sure if this matters much, but I get asked about that when I'm looking for help, lol)

Here is the dress I'd like to wear.. hopefully it's appropriate enough?
dress.jpg

I was thinking about pairing it with this clutch:
clutch.jpg

But I'm lost for shoes (colors, styles, height) and I can't seem to find a nice wrap or shawl. :huh:

I'm worried the outfit might not be appropriate enough. Or the silver clutch might make it too childish? :shrugs: I'm torn between silver accessories or black. Any ideas? help please!!

And a little info about me, I'm 23 years old and I'm 5 feet 5 inches tall. And I'm fairly ignorant about these little details :sad:

Thank you soooo much! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

I think the dress cut/shape is appropriate, however the color is a little spring-time/day-time to me...Since it is a night-time wedding, perhaps you could go with something a little darker? Maybe a navy, or a darker green or an aubergine?

If the neckline of the dress is that high, you might just want to stick with nice earrings and a simple bracelet for jewelry. I don't know what your taste is, but pearls or diamond studs are always a nice bet. You could go for a dangly, longer pair as well.

I think the clutch is fine. And since you are wearing silver accessories I would also stick with silver shoes...I personally am a little more on the matchy-matchy side but a lot of TPFers might disagree with the color-matching. For the shoes, look for something more delicate and feminine since I don't think your dress calls for anything too crazy.

One of my all-time favorite evening dress shoe is the Manolo Blahnik Sedaraby d'Orsay:
http://www.barneys.com/Sedaraby/155027198,default,pd.html

I'm definitely with everyone else on this one. Adorable dress, just a tad spring- ish. A jewel tone or darker color would be fab.

But if you do end up wearing it, I think silver shoes would be fine.