Out of stock of everything!

The majority of people who work at LV factories in Europe are not “artisans with experience passed down from generations.” This description may fit a few people in Asnières, but that’s about it! Apart from Asnières, most LV factories are implanted in rural France: huge manufacturing centers with high tech tools, populated with a wide-variety of middle-class workers.

Of course its true that many workers do not have that rich family history, but there are many that do. With that said, European craftsmanship is still better than US. At the end of the day, many LV clients do not want more US made products. Its a European brand, and hence, should be made in Europe. I can understand an SLG or a Keepall/Speedy, but the majority of pieces should be produced overseas.

Of course its true that many workers do not have that rich family history, but there are many that do.
I think you have a romanticized vision of Louis Vuitton workers!

I don’t mind the opening of a third factory in the US. The demand in North America is high again and items are often backordered. Increasing production capacities for this market might help assuage this shortage. I only have one MIUSA piece, but it’s as nice as my MIF bags. So I can’t complain about the quality.

I think you have a romanticized vision of Louis Vuitton workers!

I don’t mind the opening of a third factory in the US. The demand in North America is high again and items are often backordered. Increasing production capacities for this market might help assuage this shortage. I only have one MIUSA piece, but it’s as nice as my MIF bags. So I can’t complain about the quality.
I have a US made mono multiple which is the same quality as my parter’s MIF multiple. The key pouch I purchased yesterday was very subpar, and I looked at 3 different pieces...there’s even several YouTube videos on this. Not good for a starter/ gateway piece to the brand.

I have a US made mono multiple which is the same quality as my parter’s MIF multiple. The key pouch I purchased yesterday was very subpar, and I looked at 3 different pieces...there’s even several YouTube videos on this. Not good for a starter/ gateway piece to the brand.
If it’s subpar: return it. Why would you keep something that you consider poor quality?

Anyone hear anything about the Speedy B 25 in DE canvas? I really want to purchase, but it’s not available online. Wondering if any one has seen one in store lately? might Need to take a trip to my local boutique.

Anyone hear anything about the Speedy B 25 in DE canvas? I really want to purchase, but it’s not available online. Wondering if any one has seen one in store lately? might Need to take a trip to my local boutique.
If you have an SA I would have her/him order you one. If not I find stalking the website late night or early morning they become available one here and there.

If you have an SA I would have her/him order you one. If not I find stalking the website late night or early morning they become available one here and there.
Inventory on Speedys is surprisingly decent. I visited a store recently to purchase a gift and they had Speedys with and without the Bandouliere in all sizes and prints.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but every item I’ve checked on has no price listed now on the us website and it’s all “call for availability” - they must be updating and/or doing a massive price change?

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but every item I’ve checked on has no price listed now on the us website and it’s all “call for availability” - they must be updating and/or doing a massive price change?
Everything is fine on the site probably just a glitch. Items are there and with prices even the ones which state unavailable.

Everything is fine on the site probably just a glitch. Items are there and with prices even the ones which state unavailable.

Hm. Something wrong with my browser then? [emoji58]

Nope - the site works on my phone but not on the computer. I can also see a few new items on the computer....

Last edited:
Same here! It is so frustrating that all the items that I'm hoping to buy are call for availability. I did call the CS just now and was told the items I'm looking for is on back order for 4 to 5 weeks.

Of course its true that many workers do not have that rich family history, but there are many that do. With that said, European craftsmanship is still better than US. At the end of the day, many LV clients do not want more US made products. Its a European brand, and hence, should be made in Europe. I can understand an SLG or a Keepall/Speedy, but the majority of pieces should be produced overseas.

I couldn’t disagree more. I’d be thrilled to have more US made and, better availability of products. I’m thrilled Texas will be opening a factory. I’m a long time buyer of Lv.