Out of stock all classic bags , is it normal or not?

Labelle989

Jun 24, 2020
Hello , I am ready to buy my first Chanel bag - I am thinking between medium or small classic flap bag. I have the phone number of SA , I didn’t buy anything from boutique yet ( I haven’t purchase history) but she gave me her contacts when I was about to buy shoes , but finally I didn’t
so now I am really ready for my bag - and for my question about classic bags - she said all classics are out of stock ! Is it really normal ? Or she just keep it for more important clients ?pls guys share your experience - how difficult to buy classic flap . I live in middle east , the Chanel is high demand here - so I believe it has to be big stock , I am lost in my feelings

That’s odd, classic flaps are usually not hard to find where I am (Vancouver, Canada), especially if you are looking for the black. I imagine it could be due to COVID and also because of the price increase last month where a lot of people purchased classic flaps. You might just have to keep checking with them, but hopefully they should get stock in soon.

Reactions: Labelle989
Hello , I am ready to buy my first Chanel bag - I am thinking between medium or small classic flap bag. I have the phone number of SA , I didn’t buy anything from boutique yet ( I haven’t purchase history) but she gave me her contacts when I was about to buy shoes , but finally I didn’t
so now I am really ready for my bag - and for my question about classic bags - she said all classics are out of stock ! Is it really normal ? Or she just keep it for more important clients ?pls guys share your experience - how difficult to buy classic flap . I live in middle east , the Chanel is high demand here - so I believe it has to be big stock , I am lost in my feelings

Hello! The same thing happened to me. When I went looking for my M/L in black caviar with gold hardware, (2017 NYC) it was out of stock at the Chanel nyc flagship, Bloomingdales, and, Bergdorf. SAKS was the only place that had it. At that time SAKS had just finished their big handbag floor renovation, so the SA said Chanel was keeping them well stocked. Anyways,
I was really surprised how hard it was to track down! Since then all my classic flaps I’ve purchased preloved, but turns out they aren’t always as plentiful as you would imagine. Good luck!

Reactions: Labelle989
I’m not sure ... I was able to get a M/L black caviar GHW medium flap yesterday texted my SA in the morning and she said yep no problem they usually get them constantly and I had 2 to choose from. 3 weeks ago I texted about a red caviar small flap and it was mine with 2 hours. Maybe I’ve just been lucky but she didn’t seem like either request was an issue at all ... I am a frequent customer and shop with my same SA so idk. I’m in NYC

Hi Maddy, I have not been able to find a classic flap mini at the Vancouver store in over a year... any tips?

That’s odd, classic flaps are usually not hard to find where I am (Vancouver, Canada), especially if you are looking for the black. I imagine it could be due to COVID and also because of the price increase last month where a lot of people purchased classic flaps. You might just have to keep checking with them, but hopefully they should get stock in soon.

Hi Maddy, I have not been able to find a classic flap mini at the Vancouver store in over a year... any tips?

I haven't been to the Vancouver boutique in nearly 2 years so I can't help you. I'm really over buying Chanel at retail... the prices they charge is like robbery. I think I paid around 6k for my jumbo, 4K for my two minis, but now everything is super expensive.

Reactions: freshdip
I am looking to buy my first chanel bag too, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a small caviar flap bag? Black or beige.
Small sizes are very hard to find, took a lot of effort from me to find them. Usually mediums and jumbos are more readily available. Where are you located? I've noticed Bergdorfs in NYC has the best supply of small.

Reactions: Swathi
Normal for the past two years for classics to be out of stock especially in small and M/L in colors black and beige with gold hardware. I did see a small classic beige caviar with silver hardware at the Chanel boutique in Ala Moana Center two Saturdays ago. The SA said it’s still available only because people want the gold hardware.