Our Babies Escaped :(

Oh, Charles...I'm so sorry!!! The police picked Jimmy Cagney up, one time, when he escaped from the electric fence. Brought him to the station and played with him. He had no I.D. tag just his electric collar so they knew he escaped. We finally called the police and picked him up. The little so'n'so was having so much fun he didn't want to come home...gratitude! Hope you have the same good ending, just a horrible feeling!!!!!!!!!

Did you try calling the police non-emergency number? Both times that I have found lost dogs that were not wearing tags, I called the pd and left my phone number with the dispatcher and when the people called looking for their lost dogs, the police called and gave me their number.

Charles,
I am so sorry you have to deal with them being missing. Are they super friendly dogs where someone like these girls would want to keep them???? I would send flyers to all the vet offices just in case they get brought in for something. Like the other posters say put as many flyers up--it only takes one person to see the dogs pictures to call. You also have to think that maybe the people that have them are waiting for a flyer with a reward---people can be strange that way.
I wish you the best. HUGS.

This may not help alot, but a few months ago someone in our neighborhood lost their dog and they used some service that did automated calls/recordings to all the homes listed in the phone book as being nearby. It described the dog and gave the owners info to call if we had seen it. Sorry I don't remember the name of the service, but maybe you can ask a local vet or google it. Just wanted to let you know that it existed.

Charles, check any and all Humane Societies in the area.. These girls could have taken them to a Humane Society they are familiar with and that may NOT be the one closest to you..

Call any and all Humane Societies and shelters in the area.. I would venture out several miles in doing that.. even more..

Call all VETS in the area as well, see if the girls took them to a VET...

Call all Pounds/Animal Control in the area, any and all cities close by...

GOOD LUCK.. I hope you find them ....

sorry to hear that. i hope u find them soon. i have 3 indoor dogs & i constantly checking our fence to make sure they cant get out.
i hope they never do.

my coworker's family from new jersey came to visit her here in the midwest. they brought their little indoor maltese. my coworker is not a dog person so she made them leave the dog outside. well, she dug a hole & left. they tried everything to find her but no luck. so a week later, my coworker went outside & the dog was sitting there, inside the fence, hungry & dirty. she came back somehow. i couldnt believe it. an indoor dog from new jersey, came to the midwest, got lost & found her way back. amazing.