other than St Louis, which is the most practical/iconic Goyard?

_kiki119_

Jun 14, 2020
I want to get a Goyard and still doing some research.. but I find their website frustrating lol
other than the St. Louis, which is the most classic and practical Goyard?

Reactions: RT1
I have 4 of the St. Louis totes, one of the super tiny crossbody wallet with strap(I bought it to travel with and stick inside my large tote) and the original Belvedere ( they have since changes the style) but I do love the Belvedere..it’s super light weight and can go crossbody. I get lots of compliments wearing it.

Reactions: MahaM, RT1 and 880
I want to get a Goyard and still doing some research.. but I find their website frustrating lol

I feel your pain. I also became interested in Goyard, but felt very hampered with the little information given on the Goyard site. I knew that I did not want a St Louis because of the open top, but how does one become familiar with the various styles? I ended up spending a lot of time on sites displaying pre-loved bags, like The Real Real, and studied the different styles. Some that I liked have been discontinued, but I was able to feel more comfortable as I looked at various styles and read reviews on this forum, YouTube, etc.

My plan was to go to the Goyard boutique in March when I planned to be in London, but Covid upended that. Once it became clear that I wasn’t going anywhere near a boutique anytime soon, I started to seriously consider buying preloaded. Because I favor crossbody bags, I ended up buying a Rouette in gray, that was in near-perfect condition and I couldn’t be happier with the bag and the experience.

Think about what’s important to you in a bag. Do you like crossbody, a structured bag, open top, zipped? What’s practical to one person may not be to another. One of the things I like about TRR’s photos is that there is one approximating the look of the bag on a body, which I found helpful. Good luck!

I am new to Goyard but after research and chatting I found the Artois was perfect for me. It should be here tomorrow and am super excited(that is if the poor weather doesnt cause delay). I went with the Artois because the canvas is thicker, the handle drop is longer and it overall seems more sturdy plus it has a zipper. I am looking to use this all weather so will be nice to not have an open tote.

I highly recommend contacting Goyard. I did and within a day an SA contacted me and sent me photos, dimensions and color swatch info on the type of bag I was looking into purchasing.

I actually found the bellechasse to be my favorite Goyard bag, even more then my St. Louis. It comes in two sizes (I found the PM to be plenty) and It has a flap and/or tab that you can use to keep it open. I like to have easy access to the contents of the items in bag so I find bags with zippers to not be best for me!

• Love
Reactions: Liberté and RT1
I adore my Bellechasse Biaude. I was able to get it in the Paris St Honore store in 2018. I have to force myself to rotate wearing it. I love the size because it holds a lot and is extremely light. I especially love the Biaude flap. It covers everything when the bag is in tote mode and makes it super easy to get to my phone sitting in the inside pocket. I also love the way it can be closed for security, if you don’t want to use it as a tote. I usually carry it on my arm, but use the shoulder strap when shopping for a more hands free experience. I’ve been wearing it almost daily for two years and it’s still in excellent condition. I also have a wallet and senat pouch to help keep everything organized and the inside canvas protected. For me, it’s the perfect,worry-free and like-iron day bag.

Do you have the PM or the MM?

I adore my Bellechasse Biaude. I was able to get it in the Paris St Honore store in 2018. I have to force myself to rotate wearing it. I love the size because it holds a lot and is extremely light. I especially love the Biaude flap. It covers everything when the bag is in tote mode and makes it super easy to get to my phone sitting in the inside pocket. I also love the way it can be closed for security, if you don’t want to use it as a tote. I usually carry it on my arm, but use the shoulder strap when shopping for a more hands free experience. I’ve been wearing it almost daily for two years and it’s still in excellent condition. I also have a wallet and senat pouch to help keep everything organized and the inside canvas protected. For me, it’s the perfect,worry-free and like-iron day bag.