Opinions please on setting my pink diamond

I like 3, then 2 best. I think 3 would be even better if it was a tad bit less busy to showcase your pink stone. But something along those lines is what I vote for!

vhdos said:
Your pink diamond is absolutely stunning and I can't help but feel that the halo setting (like the one in option 3), would take away from the center stone. 2 would look so lovely with that little bit of rose gold...

I agree. Your diamond is stunning and as much as I love the first setting I think it will serm smaller and would not stand out like it should. I would go for a halo or pave setting. Maybe something similar to Katie Holmes' ering.

^Yeah, I love flower rings, but I wouldn't mount a gorgeous, pink diamond in the middle of a flower. The pink stone deserves a setting that showcases the stone itself and not the ring surrounding it.

First-let me thank everyone who has posted and given me your thoughts!!!

vhdos-thank you for all your posts and photos! I really appreciate your interest in my project! But I'd have to dismiss a single halo as the diamond is just too small and even with the airline on the picture you posted-it would get lost on my finger. Also- it's a little more common than I want. Almost every pink diamond I see is haloed (not that you see a lot-but you get my drift). A double halo is still a possiblity, but I think if I double haloed I would use white diamonds next to my pink diamond and pink diamonds on the outer halo- I think that's a pretty look!. I'm posting an example of that with a light pink pear made by DBL.

Attachments

• r4056ra.jpg
    r4056ra.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Now as far as a three stone halo-maybe this photo is a better example- Still thinking trillants on either side of the main diamond instead of what this photo shows.

Attachments

• fancy-pink-emerald-diamond-rings-c5270.49182.jpg
    fancy-pink-emerald-diamond-rings-c5270.49182.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 673

vhdos-thank you for all your posts and photos! I really appreciate your interest in my project! But I'd have to dismiss a single halo as the diamond is just too small and even with the airline on the picture you posted-it would get lost on my finger. Also- it's a little more common than I want. Almost every pink diamond I see is haloed (not that you see a lot-but you get my drift). A double halo is still a possiblity, but I think if I double haloed I use white diamonds next to my pink diamond and pink diamonds on the outer halo- I think that's a pretty look!. I'm posting an example of that with a light pink pear made by DBL.
Wow! This is unique & very nice......this is my fav of all the pics you've posted!

Now, about a flower ring- I go back and forth as to whether I think the pave would showcase the pink diamond-or overwhelm it. I am posting a Cartier orchid that has pink diamond pave featuring a blue diamond!!! I guess if Cartier aesthetics didn't feel it was overwhelming,who am I to disagree?:smile:
this is a MUCH larger ring than I am thinking!!

If I decide to go this route,though, the designer I would use is booked for the rest of the year and partially into next-so it might be about a year before I'd have my ring. He is so incredibly talented he would be worth waiting for and I know he would make an unbelievably gorgeous ring equivalent to any Cartier or Boucheron piece. But the waiting would be hard!!! Not to mention he lives across the world from me which would mean shipping my irreplaceable pink diamond there:nuts: a very scary prospect(and expensive-LOL)

ETA also worry about losing pave stones if I want to wear this ring a lot (which I would!!)

Sooooo... still trying to decide...

Attachments

• blue and pink diamond orchid ring.jpg
    blue and pink diamond orchid ring.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
I agree. Your diamond is stunning and as much as I love the first setting I think it will serm smaller and would not stand out like it should. I would go for a halo or pave setting. Maybe something similar to Katie Holmes' ering.

Karo- wonder what Katie has done with her pink diamond ring??? I wish mine were larger as I think her setting is beautiful- but my little pink girl is just too small to get the same effect.

Wow! This is unique & very nice......this is my fav of all the pics you've posted!

It is a pretty ring,isn't it? I seriously thought of buying it before I bought my pink diamond and it was really well priced,too! It has since been sold,so someone got a very pretty ring!
I decided I wanted a deeper pink diamond as the paler ones blend with my skin too much, and pear shaped diamonds don't look that great on my finger.

Now, about a flower ring- I go back and forth as to whether I think the pave would showcase the pink diamond-or overwhelm it. I am posting a Cartier orchid that has pink diamond pave featuring a blue diamond!!! I guess if Cartier aesthetics didn't feel it was overwhelming,who am I to disagree?:smile:
this is a MUCH larger ring than I am thinking!!

If I decide to go this route,though, the designer I would use is booked for the rest of the year and partially into next-so it might be about a year before I'd have my ring. He is so incredibly talented he would be worth waiting for and I know he would make an unbelievably gorgeous ring equivalent to any Cartier or Boucheron piece. But the waiting would be hard!!! Not to mention he lives across the world from me which would mean shipping my irreplaceable pink diamond there:nuts: a very scary prospect(and expensive-LOL)

ETA also worry about losing pave stones if I want to wear this ring a lot (which I would!!)

Sooooo... still trying to decide...

The thing with the Cartier ring is that it utilizes two fancy-colored diamonds (pink and blue), so neither of which steals the show. Since your pink diamond (which is a show-stopper) would be set amongst white diamonds, it takes away from it IMO.
By the way, if we're talking two fancy-colored diamonds in the same setting, I've seen some really pretty pink and yellow diamond rings too.

vhdos-thank you for all your posts and photos! I really appreciate your interest in my project! But I'd have to dismiss a single halo as the diamond is just too small and even with the airline on the picture you posted-it would get lost on my finger. Also- it's a little more common than I want. Almost every pink diamond I see is haloed (not that you see a lot-but you get my drift). A double halo is still a possiblity, but I think if I double haloed I would use white diamonds next to my pink diamond and pink diamonds on the outer halo- I think that's a pretty look!. I'm posting an example of that with a light pink pear made by DBL.

This is a very pretty setting:smile:

The thing with the Cartier ring is that it utilizes two fancy-colored diamonds (pink and blue), so neither of which steals the show. Since your pink diamond (which is a show-stopper) would be set amongst white diamonds, it takes away from it IMO.
By the way, if we're talking two fancy-colored diamonds in the same setting, I've seen some really pretty pink and yellow diamond rings too.

Yes- I'm a fan of pink and yellow diamonds together- here is a picture of one I already own:smile:

And if I go the flower route, my designer was going to be adding some color so it wouldn't be just a colorless pave. We would take an actual flower or orchid picture and try to replicate it in diamonds!!

Attachments

• r4028jb.jpg
    r4028jb.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 428
  • phpVlxisiAM.jpg
    phpVlxisiAM.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 423
  • phpVNOcbFAM.jpg
    phpVNOcbFAM.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 409
Here are a couple of blossom ring pictures utilizing yellow, argyle pink, and colorless diamonds. This ring is much more grand than anything I'm thinking, but is made by the designer I am looking at working with. Everything is hand forged and only one of a kind-he does not duplicate his designs.
I've posted a close up of the center of the ring as I think it's very interesting- it uses inverted diamonds around the yellow diamond center to add textural interest. Can't say I've seen that done before! It also has a leaf stabilizer that goes around the next finger to keep it in place.

Attachments

• blossom ring center.jpg
    blossom ring center.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 423
Last edited: