Opinions on this bag?

Annawakes

Apr 25, 2016
Hi all, I'm normally a very basic bag kind of person (black, neutrals, nothing too crazy). But I'm very strangely drawn to this silver bag with flowers. It looks like a backpack but is really a purse with long strap.

I'm a stay home mom. My mom thinks it looks like a little girl's toy bag. I'm worried I'd look silly with it. Would you wear this bag? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5377.PNG
    IMG_5377.PNG
    263.2 KB · Views: 203
It's very cute. Make sure the colour matches your wardrobe
Okay. Doesn't it match with most any color? My clothes are not too adventurous either. Just black, white, navy, grey, pink.

I guess earth tones (browns) wouldn't work with the silver. But green and blue would right?

I'm unsure...what colors do you think would clash with the silver bag?

Thank you so much.

Okay. Doesn't it match with most any color? My clothes are not too adventurous either. Just black, white, navy, grey, pink.

I guess earth tones (browns) wouldn't work with the silver. But green and blue would right?

I'm unsure...what colors do you think would clash with the silver bag?

Thank you so much.
I think silver is ok with darker colours. I think I said that because I tend to be safe and only get black etc but a daring colour works well too.

Hi all, I'm normally a very basic bag kind of person (black, neutrals, nothing too crazy). But I'm very strangely drawn to this silver bag with flowers. It looks like a backpack but is really a purse with long strap.

I'm a stay home mom. My mom thinks it looks like a little girl's toy bag. I'm worried I'd look silly with it. Would you wear this bag? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Haha, your post really spoke to me. My mother raised me to believe that anything beyond a black or neutral colored handbag is completely tacky. She is so appalled by my purple whipstitch Peekaboo (see avatar). I haven't dared show her the beige/navy-striped-with-pink-studs Kan-I I bought at the end of summer. If the silver appeals to you, and you think the appeal will last, then I say go for it. You're the one who will be carrying the bag, not your mom!

If the silver appeals to you, and you think the appeal will last, then I say go for it.

This is what I'm afraid of. I don't know if the appeal will last. I don't know if I'll look at this bag after a year and wonder why did I ever buy this???

But right now I can't stop thinking about it. And it's so different from anything I've *ever* owned my entire life.

I applaud your purse decisions! I tend to listen to my mom's opinions too much. Haha I considered buying this bag and never showing her too!!

This is what I'm afraid of. I don't know if the appeal will last. I don't know if I'll look at this bag after a year and wonder why did I ever buy this???

But right now I can't stop thinking about it. And it's so different from anything I've *ever* owned my entire life.

I applaud your purse decisions! I tend to listen to my mom's opinions too much. Haha I considered buying this bag and never showing her too!!

Yes, okay, I suffer from this issue, too. Have you seen the bag in person? Sometimes I love how a bag looks on-line, but when I see it live and try to wear it, it gives me a better idea of whether I'm going to love it long term - and, occasionally, I see it in person and think, "God, no!"

Yes, okay, I suffer from this issue, too. Have you seen the bag in person? Sometimes I love how a bag looks on-line, but when I see it live and try to wear it, it gives me a better idea of whether I'm going to love it long term - and, occasionally, I see it in person and think, "God, no!"
I know what you mean. I haven't seen it in person. The Fendi boutique is closed for renovations and there is a little pop up store in saks currently...but they don't have this one. I'm not comfortable asking them to order one in since I'll feel obligated to buy it.

I guess I could just order it from Farfetch since they have free returns.

I do wish I could try it on before buying it though.

I know what you mean. I haven't seen it in person. The Fendi boutique is closed for renovations and there is a little pop up store in saks currently...but they don't have this one. I'm not comfortable asking them to order one in since I'll feel obligated to buy it.

I guess I could just order it from Farfetch since they have free returns.

I do wish I could try it on before buying it though.

There is no Fendi boutique where I live, and the department stores which are downtown (I live in the burbs) only carry limited inventory (the downtown Saks does not have a Fendi boutique either), so I usually have to order the pieces to see them. I don't think you should feel obligated to buy if you ask the Pop-up store in Saks to bring it in so you can look at it! It's no different than returning a mail order piece, after all. On the other hand, buying from an on-line store with free returns sounds just fine, too.​

Reactions: Annawakes